Down booties

SharkDog

FNG
My wife runs very cold so I bought her the down booties from feathered friends to wear around elk camp. They have a bit of a sole so you can actually walk around in them, and she also wears them inside her sleeping bag at night when it's really cold. Apparently they're one of her favorite pieces of gear.

https://featheredfriends.com/collections/accessories/products/feathered-friends-down-booties
I use a pair from Feathered Friends. They are awesome. You can use just the down bootie or they come with a thin slip on cover with a thin sole for outside your tent. A bit spendy at $99.00 but well worth it.
800 fill down and weigh 9.oz

The removable shell seems very useful. You guys find that you/your wife uses the shell, taking it on and off?

tdot

WKR
I use a pair from Feathered Friends. They are awesome. You can use just the down bootie or they come with a thin slip on cover with a thin sole for outside your tent. A bit spendy at $99.00 but well worth it.
800 fill down and weigh 9.oz

I was just looking at these booties for a late season hunt. How sturdy are they for walking around on a mountain camp site? Can you navigate over rocks and mild slopes with the 2 part bootie or does your foot slide around too much in them?

Maverick1

WKR
I was just looking at these booties for a late season hunt. How sturdy are they for walking around on a mountain camp site? Can you navigate over rocks and mild slopes with the 2 part bootie or does your foot slide around too much in them?
No, they would not work well for that. It’s a thin nylon shell designed to protect the down bootie. There’s a foam pad in between the two but I wouldn’t walk anywhere in them. More like a slipper.

strongarm

FNG
The North Face Nuptse Booties are decently warm and have a proper sole for being able to use around camp. I have a 700 fill pair, but looks like they are now 550 fill (so I can't speak to their performance, specifically). As with everything there's a pro-con to adding kit into your pack. I make the decision based on expected conditions (e.g. stream crossings, snowpack, wet grass) and forecasted weather. Sometimes the additional weight is worth 1) the comfort and 2) being able to get your hunting boots [more] dry than if wearing them around camp until bedtime. I've occasionally taken them out with day gear when I know I'll be glassing for long periods of time and I anticipate being sweated up to get to glassing knobs, yet conditions are too cold to be perched with socks-only while drying out. I always take them when doing shorter distance winter camping trips; major creature comfort and allows insulation and protection (due to having a real sole) for milling in-and-around camp and giving regular boots the chance to breathe and dry for the forthcoming day.

Fireman5569

Lil-Rokslider
I have goose feet down gear and love them my gf has the EE apex and 6 oz and loves them even in summer since she runs cold.

Rudes

FNG
I’ve got the Western Mountaineering ones, the have a lightweight sole that works well but would not stand up sharp rocks or sticks

mblauch

FNG
Has anyone tried the outdoor vitals booties? I’ve been eying them for a hunt this fall, seems like they might be a good middle of the road option that doesn’t break the bank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redchinviking

Lil-Rokslider
Looking into a pair for next year as well. Hoping to increase my sleeping bag rating to a 30 deg to lighten my weight/bulk and run booties and puffy pants for the cold nights. Seems like a good idea.