Down booties

Have always fantasized about packing along down booties for camp. I see a bunch of cheap ones on amazon. Anyone recommend any particular ones that are durable enough for light camp use but packable enough to make the cut? If anyone says Crocs I’m burning this place to the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
Down or synthetic booties are great for camping, I have a few pair of synthetics and one pair of down. Crocs are good for inside a house.....:p

Napperm4

WKR
I have a pair made by exped. The uppers are pretty soft and wouldn’t want to catch them on any sticks. The soles are a nice rubber so they take a little beating

Austink47

WKR
REI’s are reasonably priced and hold up well. I have never made the cut on a real backpacking trip just quick overnight trips, they are pretty bulky.

wildcat33

WKR
Ive got the REI ones as well. Warm, super comfy. Wish the bottoms were rubber or something other than fabric, they absorb water through the bottom if its wet out. Must have for me on any backpack trip.

ChrisAU

WKR
I have a pair of Baffin's that have a nice sole for around camp and a pair of EE I got for in the sleeping bag. May be selling both though, I just ordered a Hammock Gear quilt with a sewn footbox and I have water shoes that will pull double duty as camp shoes/water crossing shoes.

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
I run the EXPED ones also, Down Booties for in the tent/sleeping bag or their Camp Bootie for around camp since they are synthetic and feature a walk sole. If you just need a camp show, Crocs can't be beat though!

I have the REI brand ones as well. I really like having them on late season hunts and backcountry ski trips. If I'm short on pack space or really counting ounces they might not make the cut. Luxury item for sure.

I have a pair of Rab hot socks and they are ok. It's hard to walk in them because they are insulated all around like a sleeping bag. I've worn them during cold weather inside of my summer bag with good results.

Man I am with you, one day... I am afraid it will make my lazy though, get to a glassing spot and slip those things on and take a nap :sleep:

I use a pair from Feathered Friends. They are awesome. You can use just the down bootie or they come with a thin slip on cover with a thin sole for outside your tent. A bit spendy at $99.00 but well worth it.
800 fill down and weigh 9.oz