Down/Insulation jacket recommendation

ERegs

FNG
Looking for insulation jacket. Be used for September elk hunting and back east deer hunting in cold. looking to stay below $150 mark. Jacket can be down/primo loft or whatever you guys think is best. Doesn’t have to be hunting brand or camo. That doesn’t matter to me just the best jacket for value. Any help be appreciate. Thanks

Might be a good option for you. I have one and have been happy with it. Cut is a little generous in the body but that's okay with me for layers and getting over my bino harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CCH

Bump79

WKR

CCH

WKR
I really like my Magma, and that is at full price. For $150, I doubt you'll find better.

MrSunday

Lil-Rokslider
The Decathlon is an excellent value and hard to beat. It's about 90% as good as my $380 Arcteryx Cerium LT at a fraction of the cost. Very happy with mine.

TX1

FNG
I purchased the decathalon and it appears well made and warm

The Rei one is probably the best value, though outdoor research has been having a great sale and had some down stuff too. I’ve been happy with everything I’ve got from them. Well made, super warm and fit me perfectly ( tall with long arms) they also supposedly have a great warranty but I haven’t had to use it so i don’t know for sure. Also Costco off and on sells some really decent lighter down jackets that are about $30 Gerry brand, I have a couple of them and they are actually pretty darn good especially for the price. I have also heard that Eddie Bauer has a good deal on a down puffy but I haven’t tried one myself. I’m in the same mindset, no need to spend an extra $100-200 because it’s camo and has the right label if it works.

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
The best thing to do to get as close to an apples to apples comparison as you can on warmth is to compare the fill power, fill weight and total weight of each jacket. This is easier said than done as many companies do not list the fill weight of their jackets. You can call customer service to get it but that is often hit or miss.