Down to the wire and conflicted , Co 2021 2nd rifle.

id450

WKR
Hey guys , NR cashing in points and looking for a simply for your opinion or pros/cons . . I’ve done the research, I’ve looked at tag numbers , draw odds and so fourth. Forget about the points . I’m down to unit 61 ( could be tight to draw) 40 , 55 , 73,74 and potently two other units in the deep SW ( don’t want to blow a spot that was advised to me By a member here)
I swear I’ve been on the computer for a month and and don’t feel much better. Lol . just looking to have good experience that accessible and see deer each day. Sure , a stud would be great but I’d be super happy with a 150 plus buck. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slugz

WKR
Unless you have some rockstar info/intel I'd cross off 73/74

61 would be my first choice
40 has access issues in my opinion
55 I dont like the hype. First to say I could be wrong also.

All that said I'd go where you have the most intel info on, where you can scout and where you can spend the most time in. Lastly, if you are more familiar with habit patterns and movement in one are over another the that may cancel everything.

OP
I

id450

WKR
Unless you have some rockstar info/intel I'd cross off 73/74

61 would be my first choice
40 has access issues in my opinion
55 I dont like the hype. First to say I could be wrong also.

All that said I'd go where you have the most intel info on, where you can scout and where you can spend the most time in. Lastly, if you are more familiar with habit patterns and movement in one are over another the that may cancel everything.

Thanks . I feel like 55/67 go back and fourth on the hype. Although , was it last year ? 67 really produced and I think 55 the year before that? Take care and thanks for your time.

Ucsdryder

WKR
The problem with these questions is half the guys don’t know but will still tell you their opinion, 40% of the guys will tell you what answer will keep you out of their zone, and 10% of the guys will actually be helpful. Where the problem comes in is you don’t know which 10% to listen to!!! The best information someone ever gave me was every unit in Colorado most likely has a 200 inch buck. You just have to find them. Pick a unit and go hunt.

OP
I

id450

WKR
The problem with these questions is half the guys don’t know but will still tell you their opinion, 40% of the guys will tell you what answer will keep you out of their zone, and 10% of the guys will actually be helpful. Where the problem comes in is you don’t know which 10% to listen to!!! The best information someone ever gave me was every unit in Colorado most likely has a 200 inch buck. You just have to find them. Pick a unit and go hunt.

Right on , good points. thank u.

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I saw a 180 incher hit the dirt in a unit some draw as 2nd and 3rd choice on occasion. Just go hunting and stop worrying about it. You might not get one in literally the best units in the state.

Thomas11

WKR
I saw a 180 incher hit the dirt in a unit some draw as 2nd and 3rd choice on occasion. Just go hunting and stop worrying about it. You might not get one in literally the best units in the state.
Yea I get that but there are without a doubt better units than others and it makes no sense to not try and make the most of your points? The OP hasn’t said how many points he has but based on his post it seems he has a few.

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Yea I get that but there are without a doubt better units than others and it makes no sense to not try and make the most of your points? The OP hasn’t said how many points he has but based on his post it seems he has a few.
It makes even less sense to try and figure out which unit to go hunt based on anecdotal evidence from a hunting forum. It also makes no sense that people seem to think your points gaurantee you anything. The polls on forums like this show overwhelmingly most guys kill their best bucks on easy to get tags. This year 10 points may not even gaurantee 5 -6 point tag.