Down tops/pants in sleeping bag/quilt

halg

Lil-Rokslider
Yes. When I go winter camping in northern Wisconsin I only use a 30 degree bag, but I wear down tops and bottoms. It eliminates getting into a cold bag at night & getting out of a warm bag on a cold morning. By the time you move around a bit & get water boiling for coffee, your blood is moving and it's easy easier to get changed.

Absolutely. It allows me to take my 30 degree quilt down to much lower temps. Im already going to be carrying those layers why not sleep in them and save weight and space in my pack vs carrying a 0 degree bag.

Jon Boy

WKR
Absolutely. It allows me to take my 30 degree quilt down to much lower temps. Im already going to be carrying those layers why not sleep in them and save weight and space in my pack vs carrying a 0 degree bag.

This. I can run a lighter system and have a dual purpose item in the pack. I'm an extremely cold sleeper but have never gotten cold with the down pants. They weigh less than 10 oz and I'll take that weight penalty all day.Super comfy too.

ianpadron

WKR
Yes. When I go winter camping in northern Wisconsin I only use a 30 degree bag, but I wear down tops and bottoms. It eliminates getting into a cold bag at night & getting out of a warm bag on a cold morning. By the time you move around a bit & get water boiling for coffee, your blood is moving and it's easy easier to get changed.
That's smart. Getting up SUCKS when it's cold.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk