DragonByte Security Email

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
If you get this email from DragonByte Security it is legit and it's telling you the websites or apps that your info has been breached or leaked.

"DragonByte Security has detected that your account has been the subject of a breach on another site. We recommend you change your password and enable two-factor authentication to stop your account from being a target of further breaches."

Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I just got this email. Thanks for posting this. I wasn't concerned because I'm pretty AR about my passwords, but I changed my RS password immediately. I do, however, have some comments about the program. No need to respond.
  1. The email listed 7 different sites. I have never had an account at 3 of the seven, and one of them I closed some time ago after a breach there. The PWs were not the same for any.
  2. Of the accounts listed in my email where I have had an account, the most recent breach was about a year ago and was added to their system two months ago. That's a good bit of a delay.
Thanks!

ID_Matt

WKR
I got this email saturday morning and shortly after got bombarded with messages on rokslide. I logged in to my account and immediately changed my password. Within an hour, the hacker had edited my classified posts to lower the prices and posted a scope for sale. I immediately locked the posts and messaged everyone back saying the price was not legit. The scope they had listed actually looked legit... except for the price. I guess a friendly reminder that if it seems to good to be true... it probably is. Never a bad idea to talk to the seller on the phone and make sure it is legit. My Zeiss that sold for $750 had been relisted for $400.... good example of too good to be true.