Draw Length - Bow shops seem to set compound DL too long?

N2TRKYS

WKR
Honestly, because it's easy for me to switch. I take the most accurate setup early season, the most forgiving setup late season. If I had to pick one (I don't), I'd pick forgiving....

You don’t shoot as accurately with your late season switch? Why do you think that is?

Brendan

WKR
You don’t shoot as accurately with your late season switch? Why do you think that is?

Better form, fully extended arm results in less pin float, more accurate. Start bending the arm and you're relying more on muscles in your tricep to stabilize things. Sort of like if you're stranding straight up you can do it all day, but bend your knees 20-30 degrees and it's only a matter of time before your legs start to shake...

But, also less string clearance, so it's a tradeoff.

Slim Jim

WKR
I’ve shot up to an 1-1/2” short and everything in between. What happens for me when it’s too short is that I pull through the shot with my rear deltoid muscle instead of scapula. Using my rear delt causes target panic for me but everyone is different. I use the “wingspan divided by 2.5” and it works just right for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

WKR
Better form, fully extended arm results in less pin float, more accurate. Start bending the arm and you're relying more on muscles in your tricep to stabilize things. Sort of like if you're stranding straight up you can do it all day, but bend your knees 20-30 degrees and it's only a matter of time before your legs start to shake...

But, also less string clearance, so it's a tradeoff.

10-4. I guess it depends on what you get use to. I’ve always shot with my elbow bent because I’m only interested in the hunting aspect of it. Knowing that bulky clothing might be an issue when I first started bowhunting, that’s the form that I used. I felt that the consistency in my form would always be there doing it this way.

Good deal. Glad you have a system that works for you. 👍