Draw stats

Need clarification on the draw stats for Wyoming units. For x unit the quota is y. First choice applicants is zero second choice is whatever and third is whatever. Can someone explain that please?

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
There’s a video for this, I believe from Randy Newberg, where he explains the Wyoming draw system. Look for it on YouTube. Wyoming is definitely not the easiest to understand.

wytx

WKR
Sounds like 0 1 st choice applicants, so many 2nd and 3 rd.
You get to put in for 1st choice , 2 nd choice and 3rd choice areas. 1st choice draw is based on PP and takes them if you draw 1st choice. 2nd choice does not take your PP.
Since no one applied for that area 1st choice then all tags were available in the 2 nd choice drawing.
Probably not crystal clear from me, sorry.
Watch the vid on the draw they recommended.

OP
F
Thanks! I find it all a bit confusing
Sounds like 0 1 st choice applicants, so many 2nd and 3 rd.
You get to put in for 1st choice , 2 nd choice and 3rd choice areas. 1st choice draw is based on PP and takes them if you draw 1st choice. 2nd choice does not take your PP.
Since no one applied for that area 1st choice then all tags were available in the 2 nd choice drawing.
Probably not crystal clear from me, sorry.
Watch the vid on the draw they recommended.
thanks again

hunt1up

WKR
It is probably a poor/marginal unit with regard to access. No one is willing to drop $600+ on it for a NR tag but they'll willing to put it down as their second choice. In the event they don't pull their more preferred unit, they'll pull this lesser unit as second/third choice and keep their preference points.