Drawing bow while using slate call?

rhendrix

WKR
So I'm attempting to learn to use mouth calls, I've actually tried to use one for the past two years, but just can't seem to get the hang of it and fall back on a slate call pretty regularly. When using a shotgun, it's pretty easy to put down the slate and pick up the shotgun without moving too much, but I can't do the same with a bow. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this with minimal movement? I know I could solve this problem easily by just using a ground blind, but I'm gonna be on public ground in OK and would rather not disturb the natural surroundings so I don't get busted right away.

I strap the slate to my left thigh (I'm left handed), keep the release (thumb release) attached to the bow reach down make the call grab the release and pull......of course all of that is a lot easier said than done. I don't use a ground blind either.

There is a call built to accept a strap...can't remember the name, but normally I take a ace wrap and wrap the lower section of the pot call and just use the top. I also have a call that I put little hooks into the calls body and used a piece of elastic to connect the hooks.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
There is a call built to accept a strap...can't remember the name, but normally I take a ace wrap and wrap the lower section of the pot call and just use the top. I also have a call that I put little hooks into the calls body and used a piece of elastic to connect the hooks.

Thanks! Do you think you could post a picture of how you wrap the slate call up?