Drew my first ever NON-Resident ELK tag!

C_Dett21

FNG
I'm pretty dang PUMPED! I have been applying for Wyoming for only 2 years for the general tag, and now will have 2 points for next year.MY wife sent me the link to the second draw Wyoming has that i had no clue about and i ended up putting in for an area,after doing a ton of research & got lucky!!

Anybody else draw off the Second draw in Wyoming and have some luck on your side?

Last edited:
OP
C_Dett21

C_Dett21

FNG
Congrats! Couldn't hunt WY this year cause of my schedule. Put in the work and make use of that tag
Thanks! I am going to try and spend as much time in there as i can!

Jack321

Lil-Rokslider
Nice--I booked my first ever elk hunt for 2022 in Montana, so I recognize the excitement. What unit in WY? I've hunted there a few times (for muleys and antelope). Minus some of the issues getting on public land, WY is a fun state for hunting! People are really nice too!

KHNC

WKR
Nice--I booked my first ever elk hunt for 2022 in Montana, so I recognize the excitement. What unit in WY? I've hunted there a few times (for muleys and antelope). Minus some of the issues getting on public land, WY is a fun state for hunting! People are really nice too!
I hope you didnt book it with cody carr. if so, cut your losses now ! IF not, good luck and i hope you have a good hunt.

Jack321

Lil-Rokslider
No, that's not the outfitter we used. But thanks for the advice and tip. We're going to be close to Helena MT. Driving for 20+ hrs for a pack hunt. Been saving for almost 7 yrs now. I know I could probably do it on my own, but for my first time out, I like the reassurance with a guide. It'll be my first time humping up and down mountains, so now I gotta get in shape. (Not the round shape I'm in now 🤣🤣)

Pwells10

WKR
Congrats! I pulled my app this year unfortunately. My buddy that is a resident drew his moose tag so I opted to not put that pressure on him for taking me.

Comgrats again, looking forward to some pics!