Drew NV 071-079,091

I would call the Biologist, she is very helpful. I would not pack into the Jarbidge. I have experience in there and maybe you could find a good buck, but I would'nt waste your time in there. You will be far better with a solid truck and or ATV/side by side. Cover as much ground as you can and spend time behind your glass. There are roads everywhere. Yes its a giant area but you have a good tag. I would cover as much country as you can from sun up to sun down trying to find the buck you want. Some units are better then others, but I think you have a great chance at finding a solid buck if you hunt hard. Sometimes a short walk can get you to glass country that can't be seen from the road. Good luck, hunt hard.
Agreed, the actual wilderness area is full of elk and not a high density of deer. Just outside of the jarbidge is the opposite.

Adubs

FNG
I drew the ML tag for this area this year and have no experience with the units. I was considering going DIY but after waiting to draw a nevada deer tag I decided to go guided. I booked with Currant Creek after talking with 4 other outfitters that cover this area. Excited for a fun hunt and hopefully a chance at a good mature buck. I’ll make sure to comment on how my hunt goes.

OP
Kevin Bogert

Kevin Bogert

Lil-Rokslider
I drew the ML tag for this area this year and have no experience with the units. I was considering going DIY but after waiting to draw a nevada deer tag I decided to go guided. I booked with Currant Creek after talking with 4 other outfitters that cover this area. Excited for a fun hunt and hopefully a chance at a good mature buck. I’ll make sure to comment on how my hunt goes.
Very cool, good luck. Let me know how it goes!

You can't go wrong there CC top notch!!

OP
Kevin Bogert

Kevin Bogert

Lil-Rokslider
Bringing this to the top to see if anyone out there had any last minute tips. Those of you who had tags, how'd your hunt go? Getting ready to head down in a few days to hunt, I'm getting excited!

OP
Kevin Bogert

Kevin Bogert

Lil-Rokslider
For anyone interested -
Had a great hunt. Beautiful area, I had never been before. Saw lots of wildlife including deer. I shot a nice mature 4x4. I appreciate everyone’s help so much.. I don’t think i would’ve had nearly as good of a hunt had I not reached out on here. Thanks everybody!!

kgk_kcc

FNG
Hitting the long road from CO to Elko right now for early rifle on Thursday. If anyone else is headed that way and needs a hand or wants to swap info, stories, etc. I’ll be solo. Long time mule deer hunter but first time in NV. Would sure love any advice from previous tag holders too. Always do my best to return favors if I can

OP
Kevin Bogert

Kevin Bogert

Lil-Rokslider
Hitting the long road from CO to Elko right now for early rifle on Thursday. If anyone else is headed that way and needs a hand or wants to swap info, stories, etc. I’ll be solo. Long time mule deer hunter but first time in NV. Would sure love any advice from previous tag holders too. Always do my best to return favors if I can
Goodluck!

Great horn growth this year in the state. Good luck!