Drew unit 37 Idaho Bighorn sheep tag

bg33bow

FNG
Hey guys I am not a regular contributor on the forums but more of a lurker. After 20 years of playing the draw games i finally hit the lottery. I drew my dream animal Unit 37 Bighorn sheep tag (5019) to say im excited would be an understatement. Im doing this hunt DIY. Ive been guiding for 30 years i have the skills and equipment and have done some high mountain hunting. I have never been in that part of Idaho. I would love to hear about the area, and any tips, advice or intel on the unit would be greatly appriciated. Lets Talk Sheep

BAKPAKR

WKR
Congratulations on the tag! I have only hiked in the area once. I didn’t see any sheep but I did see a lot of tracks on my way up to the top of Borah Peak. Some of that country is pretty rugged but that is probably why it is good sheep country.

Since the success rate is usually pretty high and a lot of the successful hunters probably haven’t had your experience, you should have some opportunities. On the other hand, if you are going to use a bow (looking at your name), I think it would be tough — at least it would be for me. Get a good one.

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
That's a great tag, been on my application many times. Congrats and good luck

Daniel0307

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on the draw, happy hunting and don’t forget to post your pics

OP
B

bg33bow

FNG
Thank you for the well wishes i surely will be posting hopefully successful pics.

Congrats on the tag. Do your research. Develop some targets. Do some scouting. Then consider flying the area with a knowledgeable and competent pilot. It’s worked for me in the past. Although in a different unit.

OP
B

bg33bow

FNG
Congrats on the tag. Do your research. Develop some targets. Do some scouting. Then consider flying the area with a knowledgeable and competent pilot. It’s worked for me in the past. Although in a different unit.
great advice thanks I have 3 weeks of scouting trips planned, Im going to look into the plane.

Merganser

FNG
Congrats on drawing a great tag! Good luck on your hunt. I drew a sheep tag this year in 27-1 hunt no. 2008 . Been training from the day I got the text in May.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Congrats on drawing a great tag! Good luck on your hunt. I drew a sheep tag this year in 27-1 hunt no. 2008 . Been training from the day I got the text in May.

Congrats! I applied to that unit as well (unsuccessfully). Please let us know how you do

OP
B

bg33bow

FNG
Thanks again for the well wishes and excited beyond belief ive been preparing feverishly heading out next Tuesday for my first scouting trip I plan on posting pictures of hopefully some Rams and getting opinions of what they possibly score