Drift Boat Hunting Missouri Breaks

Hi,
I am a Montana resident and I drew the Unit 700 archery elk tag for the first time. I have a drift boat and I was wondering if anybody had any experience using a drift boat in that area? I was thinking of putting an electric motor on my drift boat and try to hunt/camp that way. Can anybody provide some thoughts on if that system would work or not, or if they have any experience doing the same thing? Any recommendations of areas to look into for putting in or pulling out the boat? Thank you in advance for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeknelk

WKR
Yeah, what they said...its very much still a lake with a bit of current in this area. Very big water and a long ways between places. A big fast boat would be best. Take a look at it sometime.

OP
G
Yeah, what they said...its very much still a lake with a bit of current in this area. Very big water and a long ways between places. A big fast boat would be best. Take a look at it sometime.

Ok, thank you for the heads up. I am just coming of an MCL tear so I’m planning on getting out there and scouting soon. I think I am going to have to try and hire someone in the area to boat me in and drop me off for a week at a time. I would really prefer to get in deep where I’m less likely to run into people.

MT257

WKR
Ok, thank you for the heads up. I am just coming of an MCL tear so I’m planning on getting out there and scouting soon. I think I am going to have to try and hire someone in the area to boat me in and drop me off for a week at a time. I would really prefer to get in deep where I’m less likely to run into people.

You won't be the only one with the idea of using a boat to access areas that those on foot cannot. I have not heard of anyone that is for hire on boat rides in that area, not saying there isn't a service like that though.

Also in a low water level year like this one the river banks will be long trudges through the mud and gumbo.