Drilling in Yellowstone….could save America

If they ran a 6' diameter water main over that caldera, do you think it would make a rat's ass bit of difference?

If they actually had sufficient water to run dozens of 6ft diameter water mains over that caldera (which they don't) , do you actually think it would make a rat's ass bit of difference?

Hell, the entire ISLAND of Hawaii is COVERED by the ENTIRE Pacific Ocean and those volcanos still erupt.

'come on man... (as our good prez would say)

JL

They did say very long term gains... If any.

I trust that NASA put some leg work into that proposal and didn't just kinda armchair suggest it.

I have no thought either way on whether it would cool it off. Neat idea though, and at least it didn't mention any actors. Not that I know of anyway haha

Well.... I guess it wouldn't be a terrible idea to involve Keanu in this plan since there is evidence he knows how to handle a gun.

GotDraw?

WKR
Krakatoa Island was 99% covered by the ENTIRE Pacific to cool it, except the upper part of the island above the surface.

Largest volcano eruption known to man. The explosion was heard over 3,000 miles away. The entire island (5 CUBIC MILES of earth) was blown into the air. The Tsunami was over 42 meters high, travelling hundreds of miles and hour.

Having the entire Pacific Ocean to cool it did not work out very well, did it?

Perhaps having a Hollywood actor involved would have made a difference to the 36,000 that died.

JL

cod007

Lil-Rokslider
Can we get a thread where the govt and politics is not mentioned?

- hey check out my new trade bow. "The govt is going to take it away"
- hey let's get a rokslide hat made. "Stupid Dems and their flat bills"
- hey what's the best state to apply for pronghorn in? " Give it up because the govt is ruining pronghorn hunting"
- I missed a shot at a great bull today. "That's trump's fault"
Short answer...No.
Let’s go Brandon!

Wrench

WKR
Sheeeeeit, I have been on borrowed time since Al Gore told us the arctic ice would be gone in 2013 and kill us all.

This thing sounds like a scheme to get a big drill rig built.....or the liberty rig will finally have a job.

I reread the article and they said it would take tens of thousands of years to reduce the pressure/heat in the Yellowstone caldera.

Long term haha

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
Lots of amateur theories here…including the article I posted.

Is there anyone here qualified to comment on drilling 10 miles (or more?) below the earths surface? I did see Armageddon…so I consider myself somewhat of an expert- grin.

My only comment; Seems to me its worth investigating…and it would be nice if politics were left out of it and it was put jn the hands of experts trying to do the right thing.

inyago

FNG
Why dont you try focusing on the damage bidens causing the world economy, the american economy and
peaceful relationships amongst people..
It sure as fuk gonna blow a lot sooner than yellowstone.