Drilling in Yellowstone….could save America

Why dont you try focusing on the damage bidens causing the world economy, the american economy and
peaceful relationships amongst people..
It sure as fuk gonna blow a lot sooner than yellowstone.

I find focussing on the fact that we don't matter and any moment we can be wiped from the planet is better.
Makes me realize that none of our petty bullshit matters.

We're insignificant in the scheme of the earth. Bunch of talking monkeys on a flying rock taking ourselves far too serious.
If a moment of clarity is allowed before some mass extinction happened. Most people would immediately regret how much time they wasted worrying about petty bullshit.
The ultimate realization of "oh **** nothing I did matters".
How comforting.

Edit: George Carlin said it really well. "The earth was here long before us, and it will be here long after us."
How conceited to think it needs us to save it. Ha ha

inyago

FNG
We already produce power from these sources, its called geothermal power and Israel is a world leader in
deep well tech.. Our local power company has just brought a second station on line using this israely tech..
This tech removes the heat from the geothermal water by heat exchangers to super heat clean fresh water
to drive our turbines, and the geothermal water is deep well injected back to where it came from to be
reheated completing the cycle..
This geothermal water is also holding valuable, commercial amounts of metals that can be used to offset
construction cost plus a little extra, then there is the 50/80 yrs of power to be sold.

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
Read up on Yellowstone Lake. For several years now scientist have been following research on the lake floor. It is rising several inches a year. Picnic areas next to the lake that have been there for a long time are now underwater. They think there is a lava dome under the lake that will eventually erupt.

Well that will solve the lake trout problem

gabenzeke

WKR
Heck yea there were all kinds of awesome creatures on this continent back then. Look up the extinct species of bison.... There were some huge ones a long time ago
If this interests you, I highly recommend the book American Serengeti.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If this interests you, I highly recommend the book American Serengeti.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reminder on that book. I have heard of it and planned to read it but forgot. I'm currently on a book about Quanah Parker, a Comanche warrior who I think was the head man of the last holdout tribe. I had no idea the Comanche were so brutal to their victims

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My only comment; Seems to me its worth investigating…and it would be nice if politics were left out of it and it was put jn the hands of experts trying to do the right thing.
Ya, except they would pick a so-called expert like Fauci and we'd be in a bigger world of hurt than if they had just left everything alone.

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
Ya, except they would pick a so-called expert like Fauci and we'd be in a bigger world of hurt than if they had just left everything alone.
Yeah no kidding.

Like I said, IF they could leave politics out of it.
Fauchi has proven to be a political animal. He disregarded Obama orders to cease gain of function testing, misled the Trump admin, lied to Congress and continues to be a puppet for the Biden administration.

yeah that’s exactly what we don’t want….

And some fools think we can control the climate when catastrophic events of this magnitude have far more of an impact than humans ever could.

Now we can change natural phenomena. Yeah right.

Tapping into a massive geothermal source, however, has merit.

This is a very interesting topic that has a host of challenges. First of all, and top of mind to most on here probably, is that this isn't solved without underground pipelines to tap the resource and then transport to powerplants to be determined. Then the energy that is created needs to be transported somewhere via high voltage lines. This means poles and wire.

Pipelines run above or below ground across private property.
High voltage poles and wire run across private property.

So, does the government use imminent domain and the potential avoidance of a cataclysmic eruption as justification to confiscate private property?

The latest and greatest idea in the Midwest is a CO2 pipeline across Iowa to transport captured emissions from all of our ethanol plants to reduce carbon emissions. The plan is to transfer to the West and safely store the CO2 underground. And no, I am not making this up.

inyago

FNG
You build the plants on site, ie inside the park.. If you start piping the fluid to far youll have temp loss, friction
losses, massive pipe lagging.. KISS is always the better way..
Solar and wind power have nothing on geothermal, and geothermal is a 24/7 system which neither of the
other 2 can match.

cmahoney

WKR
We don’t need to drill to save America, the President has it covered.

2b4853694e2b71b699f8ef8e445226d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk