Drink mixes that give you a sore throat?

snowplow

WKR
Weird question here-

I have tried a bunch of different Mtn Ops stuff. Yeti, Ignite and many flavors of each. But it seems like after I go through about half a can of the drink mix I start getting a sore throat after I finish. I have one water bottle with one scoop a day (instead of coffee). It is annoying but also kind of weirds me out.

Just curious if any of you knows what the deal is?

JRMiller

WKR
If youre not specifically looking to hydrate you can try gels. I switched a few years ago.
Gels dont have all the artificial crap and citric acid that does that. Good ones anyways

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
Hmm not sure on citric acid. I'll check that out.

And yes lm looking to hydrate and have a caffeine source.

Thanks guys

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I like the hydrate and recover from WA but no idea if it would cause a sore throat and it doesn't have caffeine. I think the brute force pre-workout has caffeine. I typically use that in the mornings before I work out.

Superdoo

WKR
I use Enduro. One half scoop at most in a 32 oz. Nalgene. Normally I only use a quarter scoop per bottle.
It has given me plenty of pick up in the mornings and throughout the day. I've tried their caffeinated stuff too, but it makes me feel strange. I'd describe it as loopy, but even that doesn't really fit. I only tried it in sample packs though, so I don't have a long term review.

To answer your original posted query, I have never gotten a sore throat from it.

I'd definitely like to hear if anyone has cheaper alternatives though.

First off MTN Ops is probably the worst choice for electrolytes. Sorry boys but that's just based off the labels compared to even Gatorade.
In the gym I'll use the Gaterade electrolyte packets. Theyre the strongest amount of sodium and potassium I've found.

For hunting I really love Tailwind or Gatorade Endurance packets. They have a ton of carbs and a super strong kick of salt and potassium. An easy 200 calories and carbs to keep you fueled. The caffeine Tailwinds are perfect for mid afternoon when you need a kick in the pants to finish the hunt strong.

For a gym pre I really like the Jocko Willink energy drinks. He makes a powder version but at 4 am I'd rather grab the can from the fridge.

Just read the labels. Most supplements are mostly marketing fan boy hype. And I was hardcore MTN Ops and
Wilderness athlete.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk