Driveway experts

You gotta shed that water at the top before it has a chance to pick up velocity. Outslope the road to the right ( looking downhill in the first picture) into that little depression. Water bars suck, especially when you plow snow. If you have a good blade man close, have him build a couple of nice, rolling dips to that outside. Rolling dips are gentle enough to plow snow through but deep enough to turn that water off your road. The recycled asphalt mentioned above is a great road base, especially if you have someone experienced in placing it properly.

Zak406

Lil-Rokslider
Crown it off and get a decent size vibratory roller to compact it. Geotextile fabric would help as well.

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
In the first pic below you can see where the path of the water drainage is entering the driveway on the right side and creating a drain channel down the hill. I believe you need to create a ditch as deep as you reasonably can to direct the water off of the driveway and down along the edge and pitch it over the hill in the direction of the arrow. The water is taking the current path of least resistance and flowing right on to and down the driveway. You have to make the path of least resistance to the slope on the right side.

In the 2nd pic you can see that you need to catch the water at the base of the concrete pad where the gravel starts and direct it off the gravel slope.

I also agree with the recommendations to properly crown and slope the driveway itself to shed water. You have obvious washouts and can see where water is draining with velocity and entering the gravel driveway.

Attachments

• Driveway1.jpeg
    Driveway1.jpeg
    530.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Driveway2.jpeg
    Driveway2.jpeg
    522.4 KB · Views: 22
A large NDS catch basin at the top of your drive and then bury solid sch40 pipe underneath the lane would help. A large downpour I'm sure it would not keep up. Also as others mentioned keeping the lane crowned will help keep the water from crossing over. We did something similar at a family members house and it works pretty good. Still will have to box blade a couple times a year to keep everything looking nice.

Buckshotaz

Lil-Rokslider
I had a long driveway that I would spend big money every year to keep the washouts in check.

I own a side X side, and I purchased a snowplow for it. I used it a little on snow, but mostly to work the driveway. I used waterbars to get the runoff of the driveway in several locations so the water didn't have a chance to build up much velocity.

Once built, very little maintenance was needed.

A gannon and tractor would have worked better, but the $500 snow plow did everything I needed.

Dunndm

WKR
Not the most cosmetically pleasing, but you can do “square picture frames” in your drive way leading up it and fill the square outside frame with concrete and then the middle with gravel. Be quite a bit of forming, but it wouldn’t be much concrete snd you could keep the “bad” gravel for the middle inside of the frames

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk