Drop camp

OP
Jtapia12

Jtapia12

FNG
We were thinking about using his guy but this info helps out a lot I'm gonna do some more research tonight thank you

Jackal7

Lil-Rokslider
I got a couple lifestraws for emergencies and been looking into water filters. That's a good idea can go wrong with fresh backstraps thank you
Zcheer stainless pack grill. Buy on Amazon for grilling. It fits in a 10 inch tube that is 1.5 inches wide. Weighs about 10 oz. And look at Platypus water filters. Works great for us.

OP
Jtapia12

Jtapia12

FNG
Zcheer stainless pack grill. Buy on Amazon for grilling. It fits in a 10 inch tube that is 1.5 inches wide. Weighs about 10 oz. And look at Platypus water filters. Works great for us.
Sweet thanks I'll get on Amazon now

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely get a head net, the no-seeums and white socks are absolutely horrible when you get a caribou on the ground. I shot a nice bull years ago on a walk-in hunt off the Haul road and didn't bring one and I ended up using a piece of a game bag as a head net. They are ferocious little buggers.

OP
Jtapia12

Jtapia12

FNG
Definitely get a head net, the no-seeums and white socks are absolutely horrible when you get a caribou on the ground. I shot a nice bull years ago on a walk-in hunt off the Haul road and didn't bring one and I ended up using a piece of a game bag as a head net. They are ferocious little buggers.
Thank you I have two on the list

Ono

FNG
Lightfoot had a great list. Couple items I would highlight would be good boots and trekking poles (for sure). You might look at some sort of water filter. Also something to cook the bou on after the kill. We were lucky and found an old grill grate at a very old camp site that was about mile from our camp. Was the best thing we could have had to cook up those backstraps!
I still roll with an msr dragonfly and carry an msr skillet for cooking meat. Also carry some olive oil packets and seasoning.

bmrfish

WKR

I can vouch. North Brooks several years back. It had been cold with no bugs so I stupidly left my bug stuff in camp on day 6 or so. By myself a couple miles out I shot a bull then another one jumped so I said what the heck and shot that one too. Sun came out and so did the bugs. About went full bozo cutting up bulls over the next few hours from a cloud of those dang things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just went to the NBR myself. Best advice I’d have would be for some lightweight hip waders. I used a set of Chota hippies last month. Went from ankle to knee deep in just a step or two. Really paid off having them. Had gaiters too but hardly used them. Got a nice one with them on though. Also keeps blood off of your pants when you’re skinning and quartering. Oh and rubber gloves too. Keeps the bugs off of your hands while cleaning.

OP
Jtapia12

Jtapia12

FNG
I still roll with an msr dragonfly and carry an msr skillet for cooking meat. Also carry some olive oil packets and seasoning.
Yes sir nothing like some fresh backstrap

OP
Jtapia12

Jtapia12

FNG
Just went to the NBR myself. Best advice I’d have would be for some lightweight hip waders. I used a set of Chota hippies last month. Went from ankle to knee deep in just a step or two. Really paid off having them. Had gaiters too but hardly used them. Got a nice one with them on though. Also keeps blood off of your pants when you’re skinning and quartering. Oh and rubber gloves too. Keeps the bugs off of your hands while cleaning.

Been looking into Chota hippies, another gentleman talked about them as well