Dropped project Yukon

westside elkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
It's now the outdoor version of House Wives. Just another daytime series. That"s a good one. Diffidently looks like the sheep hunting is kicking their but. The drama in some of the shows are getting out of hand. They have planned this for almost a year . Wouldn't getting in shape be a priority?
But overall I think they should focus more on the joy on the hunt and to beautiful country even there can be variable factors that suck (weather,no game,etc. maybe be in better physical condition) but hey that's my .02 cents . I agree too. They are doing a dream hunt most of us would love to do in our life time. But never will. Unless you won the lotto :).

Have not watched the Yukon show. On the Alaska show they rarely got away from the water. Middle of the day they are in camp. Not too serious.
First time I ever caught that Western Hunter show last night, it was with Nate and really liked it....he just turned to the camera and gave the thumbs up after hitting the Bull@55yds. Meat eater....shoots a Dall ...looks at the camera...smiles. No drama just two good shows

Daniel_M

WKR
Have not watched the Yukon show. On the Alaska show they rarely got away from the water. Middle of the day they are in camp. Not too serious.
First time I ever caught that Western Hunter show last night, it was with Nate and really liked it....he just turned to the camera and gave the thumbs up after hitting the Bull@55yds. Meat eater....shoots a Dall ...looks at the camera...smiles. No drama just two good shows

The scenes from that were mostly moose hunting, and really there isn't much going on during the middle of the day. Moose move around early morning and late at night.

Our typical run down on a float hunt is to get into a spot in the evening, make camp and call til it's dark. Wake up at 6am, call call call. We dropped a bull @ 715am. Mid day is the best time to catch a nap or cook. ;)

OBP

WKR
I watched the first season and couldn't stand listening to them whine about everything, on what is one of my dream hunts. I haven't even tuned in this season. I agree that if some of the hardcore backcountry guys did something like this it could be awesome. Western Hunter has been awesome so far this year.

7mag.

WKR
The only reason I like watching it is because of all the scenery in the show. One of the brothers is a lot worse about whining than the other one. I might try just watching it on mute, it would probably be more enjoyable. They should take a few notes from Steven Rinella on how to have a great hunting show.

Meat Eater is easily the best show on T.V. I really like Steven Rinella. I've read 2 of his books, and can say, he is entertaining in a real life, sort of way. I watch "Dropped Project Yukon", because this is a dream hunt for me. The Yukon slam? How could it get much better? These guys really needed to take this more seriously, and should have gotten in shape before the hunt. The whining sucks, but the opportunity is awesome.

As far as backpack shows, SOLO Hunters can be good sometimes. Remi Warren seems like the real deal. Maybe Aron Snyder and Robby Denning need to take a GoPro with them and make a Rokslide hunting show. I would watch that for sure.

tstowater

WKR
I feel left out as I don't get this show (don't have the right channel). Just a thought, the group on this site aren't your average hunters and have higher expectations, and maybe different expectations, of what they would like to see in a "hunting show". If the show was about a true hardcore really going after it, that show may not be a lot of fun to watch and damn tough to film. IMO.

I thoroughly enjoyed Dropped Project Alaska but the new Dropped Project Yukon leaves much to be desired. It is a fully outfitted guided hunt. By law, the guide must look out for you, make sure you're safe and have enough food for the trip. That wasn't the case in the first Dropped series. Finally, in episode 4, they finally shoot a ram. Then they can head back to their Arctic Oven tent. The wrangler can find the horses in the morning. It isn't too difficult. It is way out of reach, $$ wise for the average hunter to go for a 30 day hunt in the Yukon.

ST52v

WKR
I have been recording the Western hunter and love the show so far. What Bhead is he shooting?? I will 2nd that being an awsome shot on that bull last week. On the Yukon thing I have watched the last two shows and have several questions? Why not move camp and not waster 1/2 day getting to spot??? They have a full size colman camp stove but no stove for tent. Spent a whole day using the coleman to dry out their clothes. I am new at all this, but I think they would be way better off with a tipi, wood stove, 2nd set of dry clothes ect... What are your thoughts on their gear ect.. There is always something you can learn from such a show. I would think moste first timers in the west would look similar (me included) if they didn't know what they were doing. I have learned so much from sights like this and thank you all. I am sure people have stories about leaking walmart tents ect.. and if it was filmed it would look a lot like this show.

You should have the best raingear you can afford on a hunt like this. If you do, you shouldn't get wet. Your sleeping bag must be kept dry. If you sleep well, you can hunt well.

OP
vcb

vcb

WKR
The fat guy got one! Opps sorry, the out of shape guy got one....even though his brother tried to talk everyone out of the stalk! Yeah I don't understand the 4 hr horse ride to hunt. Maybe it's a production thing.....cameras gear etc....I would hunt sheep like I hunt elk in the backcountry try to camp where the animals are. It's not as fun, no fires etc... But when u wake up tp bugles its all worth it:)

He might be fat, but he has a much nicer personality than his brother. Wouldn't you hate to be stuck on a 30 day hunt with that whiner.

What's with all the other people on the hunt? Last night there was a girl helping pack the horses with a different guide. I don't believe they even mentioned who they were. I also saw a different person in the background helping with the horses. This is not quite a difficult hunt.

A lot of crying! My wife watched one episode of the new season and won't watch anymore. She said they bitch more than a house full of college girls! They cry about the weather, elevation, horses, and everything else. MAN UP!

Watching my first episode right now, and for sure a lot of whining. I'm still withholding judgement until this episode is over.

Mike

O'Really

Lil-Rokslider
I am watching my first episode right now as well. They seem like a couple of yahoo's to me.

Episode just got over... I could deal with a bit of bitching, but their whole outlook on hunting just pisses me off. Holy Shit something didn't go right on your hunt and you're going to let it get to you like that? Oh you didn't play the wind and got busted and you're about to 'flip out' because it didn't go your way? Get a little mental toughness then go hunt in the Yukon....

Mike

BigMac

FNG
na5eqesu.jpg