Dropped project Yukon

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
Just watched the show. I'm trying to figure out how the bigger dude lit himself on fire and torched the back of his jacket. It is a "glass is half empty and cracked" kind of show. It's a shame because they are hunting in nice looking terrain. I do like that western hunter show and meateater. Those guys have great attitudes.

Drelk

FNG
I was dying laughing when he lit himself on fire. Wth. They never get out of the tent till what appears to be like 10am. And are always in camp. Go freaking hunting!!!!! You might see something. I now watch for the comedy.

OP
vcb

vcb

WKR
I think that outfitter is regretting taking the show as a client

kravguy

WKR
I couldn't handle it anymore, so I quit watching. I'll let the DVR record the show, and then maybe fast forward to see if they kill something or if I hear from others they did something worth watching. The show with them moving camp and dealing with the snow put me over the top. OMG it's snowing. OMG it snowed all day. OMG it's still snowing. The horses don't have anything to eat. OMG we can't see 10 yards. The trail is gone. The way points are gone. They must feel like Christopher Columbus discovering new lands...

Incredible idea for a show, but they completely destroyed it. I hope the next place they get dropped to is completely off hunting channels.

These are the type of hunters that outfitters hate to have on a hunt. "My knee hurts. Where are the horses? Today there's fog. I'm sick. No, I'm sick. I got bucked off. Let's take the horse thru this bog; it looks good to me. I'll carry my bow for 20 days but never use it. It looks good. This is frustrating."

kravguy

WKR
These are the type of hunters that outfitters hate to have on a hunt. "My knee hurts. Where are the horses? Today there's fog. I'm sick. No, I'm sick. I got bucked off. Let's take the horse thru this bog; it looks good to me. I'll carry my bow for 20 days but never use it. It looks good. This is frustrating."

And then the hunters will blast the outfitter on every hunting forum they know of. "My outfitter didn't piggyback me up the mountain when my knee hurt" "His horse fell on me, and he didn't even offer to brush the dirt off my backside" I didn't see any sheep through the fog and snow. I didn't see any sheep or moose while staying in the tent all day.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last year's show was a little dramatic, but I sort of gave em a pass as I like the fact it was Alaska... This year's show is something else... Oh the drama... My kids asked me if that is how hunting is? I decided they would no longer watch that show and told them, NO. We can get frustrated and vent, but it does not go on and on.. They had a lot of challenges in the Yukon, but I think they need to remember that hunting is about a whole lot more than killing stuff.... Makes me appreciate my hunting buddy all the more..