Drops

Jmort1754

WKR
So these are the drop camps we are looking at. I know that some of you all have hunted in these areas or know some that have. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Would prefer to DIY but we can’t get out there enough to scout like we would like to
Be able to.

I have already talked to many of their references both successful and not successful.

Montana-
Accurate mountain outfitters in 240 out of the bitterroot?

Idaho-
Flying J unit 66

Colorado-

J Bar H- unit 12 Nothing but good things to say when talking to Jeanne However not sure if she’s got any openings for third rifle 2019

Eagle mountain unit 54

Rivers Bend unit 24

Ripple creek unit 24 was told that cow elk tags have been available left over for a few years so they would likely be available is this true ?

Circle K unit 70/71

Flat tops wilderness guides

IaTrent

Lil-Rokslider
Welder Outfitters in Meeker, Co treated us well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LWC

FNG
Went with J Bar H in '09. Went 2 for 4 with a bull and a cow during first rifle season. Another guy missed a bull at very short range or we would have gone 3/4. They run a good outfit

530Chukar

WKR
I’ve hunted 12/24 in CO. Check with those services to see if they offer drop camps for 3rd season. I know that some will pull their camps before 3rd due to the snow.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
All of them that I mentioned will. However they did say that some of the higher altitude cams will be pulled by then. I just wonder if we’d be better off going for second season?

fwafwow

WKR
So these are the drop camps we are looking at. I know that some of you all have hunted in these areas or know some that have. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Would prefer to DIY but we can’t get out there enough to scout like we would like to
Be able to.

I have already talked to many of their references both successful and not successful.

Montana-
Accurate mountain outfitters in 240 out of the bitterroot?

Idaho-
Flying J unit 66

Colorado-

J Bar H- unit 12 Nothing but good things to say when talking to Jeanne However not sure if she’s got any openings for third rifle 2019

Eagle mountain unit 54

Rivers Bend unit 24

Ripple creek unit 24 was told that cow elk tags have been available left over for a few years so they would likely be available is this true ?

Circle K unit 70/71

Flat tops wilderness guides

Have you picked one of these? My buddy and I are in the same boat - debating drop camp vs. DIY, and if the former, likely Idaho or CO - in either case for 1st archery. Anything you learn would be most appreciated!

530Chukar

WKR
Not sure about the other areas but anything in 12 or 24 is very crowded. There’s a camp at every wide spot in the road. They don’t all get way back in but there’s just a lot of people anymore.

Pghhunter

FNG
Went with Rivers Bend last year for a 2nd Rifle drop camp.

We had shitty weather (full moon, snow and 30-40 during the day). We went 0-3 but it was still a great trip. I wouldn’t hesitate to go back out with Tel and his crew.

PM me if you want some more detail.