Drought

Anyone else a little concerned about the current state of drought in the SW? I have not seen it this dry with so little precipitation over the last year since I moved here 10 years ago. The canyon behind my house where I walk my dog every day has always had water running in the spring but it is bone dry this year. I hope the wildlife make it through ok.

Its been rough here in las vegas. We had a streak of 240 days with no measurable rain last year

Here in ND I believe it was the worst drought for 126 years. We just got a little rain and snow. But overall its dry. Hopefully it starts to rain everywhere to help out.

Turkeyfreak12

Lil-Rokslider
Here in northwest Az it is dry dry dry. I’ve had more quail coming to my yard to drink from my daughters kiddy pool. Hoping monsoon season is something this year but I have a feeling it won’t be anything

KineKilla

WKR
Dry as a popcorn fart in July here in UT.

I was just commenting about how brown the hills are this spring when they are typically quite green by now.

I thought the smoke from fires was bad last year but I fear that was just the warm up act.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Phaseolus

WKR
Yup, where I-70 leaves Colorado heading into Utah is really dry. I’ve measured 5.5” of precip in the last 18 months

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
I think our SW mule deer herds are going to go into the 2030s in historically bad shape. You think people are moaning about draw odds now, think what happens when game and fish departments are truly forced to shed tag numbers!

Rodéo

WKR
It's bad here in CA and our forest management has not been up to par. It was unbelievably dry last weekend on my turkey hunt and I'm afraid the trend of record setting fire seasons is going to continue in a bad way this year. I hope I'm wrong

mauserfan

FNG
WE've been very dry in N MN since September 2020. Are in the midst of soaking rains now so we are catching up.

Titan_Bow

WKR
The spot I turkey hunt and deer hunt in SW Nebraska is as dry as I have ever seen it in 10 years or so of hunting. Turkeys were in odd places this year too, not in their usual haunts.

Ooof. Last fall the deer hunt in NV was bone dry and dusty. The springs had water in them surprisingly, but for how much longer? I’ve been monitoring the snow pack in the Colorado river basin and it’s very bleak. The mighty Colorado river will not be mighty this spring.

slick

WKR
I think we’re ina record drought.Talks of not having enough water for even a month of irrigation.

Will affect fish and wildlife and certainly agricultural producers. It’s not looking good at all. No rain/precip slated in the near future, and reservoirs/creeks at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
MuleyFever
Snow pack is not great in the SW.

CCooper

WKR
We were just commenting on this in the office last week. In Western Oregon it should be doing nothing but raining this time of year, and it's not- with no signs of any measurable rain in the forecast. I read an article that said we are -8" of where we should be. Coming from a community that endured a devastating fire season last year it sure makes me nervous. Winds out of the east this week at my place which is very unusual, kind of earie really. Grass seed farmers and folks trying to grow grass hay are staring down a tough season I fear.

bozeman

WKR
Colorado, NM and WY will be extremely dry in Aug/Sept/Oct.......if I was going to go elk hunting there, I'd wait until next year or go to Montana. ;)