Drought

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
We are supposed to see 80's in the valley here in Oregon this weekend with no rain in sight. My dad (a few weeks ago now) did say that we are at or above snow pack in almost the entire state. South central I think was way below though. NE Oregon was 135%. Northern Cascades was around 90-95% I want to say. However, this big warm up an no rain is not going to do us any good.

ozyclint

WKR
As an Australian, I know your pain. Floods, hurricanes, volcanoes, fires are like death by firing squad; quick. Drought is like some medieval torture, slowly squeazing the life out of you over a period of years.

def90

WKR
Colorado will be a tinder box again this year unless we get a really good summer monsoon season, not looking good though. You guys from out of state that keep asking us about using heaters in your tents over on the Facebook groups better start planning for something else.

Takem

WKR
Not even close. As of April 1 it's like 55% of average. Our reservoirs are all low for this time of year, too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I was in the highway 4 corridor last week and what little was there is melting quickly. I not sure if it's related to the dry weather but I've never seen the trees at 5,000' put off so much sap this time of year.

It's getting scary all across the west. Worried about large fires and poor antler growth. Praying for a good soaking rain.

Northpark

WKR
Hasn’t really rained here in SE AZ at all. Drought monitoring puts us in exceptional drought. There has been no grass production except the invasive red brome. Tanks are dry or low and the snow pack in the upper salt river basin is at exactly 0 percent of normal. Fire season has started. Picking up a couple of fires a day across the forest.

lak2004

WKR
Not going to be much of an irrigation season here in SW CO! Forest is going to burn in a lot of places, which I usually hope for to a degree since it's to damn dense, but did are going to be hot most likely and scorch soils. It's going to be bad and only getting worse. Add in the insane amount of recreation that occurs that pushes critters around and we have a recipe for disaster for our wildlife. It's depressing to work in the natural resources realm....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Northpark

WKR
Not going to be much of an irrigation season here in SW CO! Forest is going to burn in a lot of places, which I usually hope for to a degree since it's to damn dense, but did are going to be hot most likely and scorch soils. It's going to be bad and only getting worse. Add in the insane amount of recreation that occurs that pushes critters around and we have a recipe for disaster for our wildlife. It's depressing to work in the natural resources realm....

Ya working in natural resources right now is kinda depressing. People are hammering the resources but politically there is no stomach for actually managing things. Kind of a lose lose scenario right now. I’ve been in natural resources management since I was 18 and it’s not exactly getting better.

BuzzH

WKR
Ya working in natural resources right now is kinda depressing. People are hammering the resources but politically there is no stomach for actually managing things. Kind of a lose lose scenario right now. I’ve been in natural resources management since I was 18 and it’s not exactly getting better.
Takes money to manage public lands and resources...and that's been the longer "drought" that impacts management more than anything.

Year 34 for me in the natural resource management field. Been some success's lately GAOA for one....its not all doom and gloom.

lak2004

WKR
Definitely not all doom and gloom, but it's hard to pull your head out of the sand. I'm happy to work in private land conservation with a little less obstacles to get good work implemented!

BuzzH

WKR
Definitely not all doom and gloom, but it's hard to pull your head out of the sand. I'm happy to work in private land conservation with a little less obstacles to get good work implemented!

Done both...challenges and issues on both sides of the fence for sure.