Dry bags

banded_drake

Lil-Rokslider
What size are your dry bags? I'm thinking of getting a couple of ultralight dry bags for my clothing and my sleep system, just not sure what size I would need for each. Curious what sizes you are all running and what different uses you have for them

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

What size are your dry bags? I'm thinking of getting a couple of ultralight dry bags for my clothing and my sleep system, just not sure what size I would need for each. Curious what sizes you are all running and what different uses you have for them

What is an ultralight stuff sack? I’m looking into this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tick

WKR
I keep my bag in a 20L compression and carry a 20L for extra clothes if the forecast is rain. Could probably get by with a little smaller size but it compresses down to the size of what is in it.

Check out Hyperlite Mountain Gear, Mountain Laurel Designs, and Zpacks. They all make great dry bags, and you won’t find anything lighter than DCF. I have a decent assortment of various brands and sizes but I tend to use small and medium more than anything else.
ed13f37db7c608858c90e13ddcd61155.jpg

andrew123

FNG
I usually keep all my extra clothes in a 13L drysack. If it's particularly cold out, I'll carry it all in a 25L, but it's never completely full.
My 15F down sleeping bag stuffs into a 10L drysack.

Check out Hyperlite Mountain Gear, Mountain Laurel Designs, and Zpacks. They all make great dry bags, and you won’t find anything lighter than DCF. I have a decent assortment of various brands and sizes but I tend to use small and medium more than anything else.

do they come with a free growler?

sniper61

Lil-Rokslider
x2 on AK troutbums set up .
I write on mine with a sharpy, what is in them. They pack so much nicer in a back pack or all in a bigger dry bag.

Razz

FNG
Nestled between the Tetons & the Big Holes
I have an assortment of sizes. I found some that have a clear window and have extra dry clothes in them. I use the bags to organize gear and spare clothing in my Search and Rescue 24 Hour pack. Most of the ones in use are 10 to 13 liter size.

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved

how do those DCF dry bags hold up after awhile? everything I own is slowly converting/upgrading to DCF... before you know it, ill be wiping my rear end with DCF!!! its such a great & versatile fabric

how do those DCF dry bags hold up after awhile? everything I own is slowly converting/upgrading to DCF... before you know it, ill be wiping my rear end with DCF!!! its such a great & versatile fabric

I can’t remember exactly when I started buying the DCF dry bags, but I know I’ve been using them exclusively for at least 4 years now, and don’t have any real signs of wear and tear.

Dobermann

WKR
This might be a bit boring and / cast me as a Kifaru fanboy, :) buuuuut ...

I just run an Outdoor Research dry bag as a pack liner and Kifaru ultralight pullouts inside, sized for the kind of gear I want to organise.

Only need the outer bag to be waterproof, and the Kifaru pullouts, with the longitudinal zip, are so much easier to use than a slew of narrow-mouthed dry bags - open the zip, and you can pretty much see everything at once. Boom.

aman

FNG
i'd like to dry those DCF bags out but i havent been able to find a good price on them

OP
B

banded_drake

Lil-Rokslider
The ones from mountain laurel designs I thought were a fair price, I'm gonna try one out along with a sea to summit ultra sil