Dry Ground Tom Lion

npm352

WKR
Took the hounds out last week for the close of our lion season and had a great race on a nice tom. We were walking on the frozen dirt with two pups and one older hound. My older dog started popping off in the dirt and they all took of up the mountain on the trail. They eventually jumped him out of some rocks and cliffs where I imagine he was sunning himself. We never saw a track so we were pretty happy when we made our way to the tree and found this nice tom. We walked back to the truck, drove home, switched out dogs, hiked in and casted them at the tree for another run and catch. Good way to wrap up the season with some fine dog work.
DSC08591.JPGDSC08707.JPG

Trial153

WKR
It's great when they can put together a run off a dry ground track.....nice work.

OP
npm352

npm352

WKR
Thanks @Trail153 ... I agree....most of my hunting is in snow...or at least a snow and dirt mix, but it is nice to get one in the dirt once and again to know the dogs have it in them.

Robster

Lil-Rokslider
Great job! I like nothing more than a great hound race. Lion, bear, coon, even rabbit. Sounds like the dogs did a great job on the dry ground!!