Dry sack

Looking at getting a dry sack for my 7 day hunt food requirements. Many options out there, curious what you in Grizzly country are running.

I am doing a 7 dayer and looking at a 30 l bag from Sea to Summit. I believe these to be 12x27 but not real clear on how stuffable they are. It says they may hold a sleeping bag which would indicate they have pretty good girth?
Just not sure how much it will hold.
I am currently using the sack my SO redcliffe tipi came in, but it isn't water proof, but size wise, it fits what I need

Can someone direct me properly please
Thx

UtahJimmy

WKR
I run 2 sea to summit 35L bags; one for camp and one for food. Never done 7 days but I would think they'd be big enough food wise. Has a D clip on it so you could hang it with cord. Not the lightest but I've submerged them in the river before with no leakage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Do you really need a dry bag for your food? I pack everything in cuben fiber dry bags, with the exception of my food. All my food (Mountain House), is already in a sealed waterproof package and I usually just use a game bag to keep them contained in while on the hunt.

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
Best Dry bags I've seen out there are the event ones from Sea To Summit. Best part is you can get the air out after you close them, so it's pretty slick. I'd error on the larger size, but I'd imagine a 30-35L bag would be more than enough.

As AKTroutbum said, not sure a dry bag is needed for food - depending on what you pack. Best thing I've found for a food bag is a Kifaru ultralite Pullout (Mega for 7+days of food, XL for 3-5 depending on what you're packing). I've had one loaded with food and slammed against and dragged along jagged rocks (on accident) while hanging it as a bear bag. Still in perfect condition. They have a loop you can toss a carabiner through and hang it. Simple. Video on them here: Kifaru Ultralight Pullouts Review Specs and Uses: Backpacking and Hunting Organization - YouTube

Daniel_M

WKR
I use the Kifaru pull-outs for food just to keep everything organized, never really felt I needed a dry back for it since everything is sealed or in a ziplock.

yak

Lil-Rokslider
I would also recommend the Sea to Summit Event compression dry sack. I run a Kifaru cargo panel with two of the Event bags. I use a 30L for my entire sleep system (tent, bag, pad) and all of the clothing I'm not wearing. Put my food, stove and some other misc stuff in the second bag 10L or 20L version.

Since I don't have a main compartment bag, I use them primarily to hold all my gear on the pack into spike camp and keep everything dry. Its also handy to put your sleeping bag in the dry sack every morning when leaving camp, just in case your tent springs a leak.

RoJo

WKR
I have a BA Pumphouse, the one designed to fit the Q-Core SLX (of which I have a wide/long and love it). Besides making short work of filling the Q-Core with dry air, it also serves as a dry bag for my down sleeping bag during pack-in/out. They also claim it makes a good camp shower, but I haven't tried that yet.

Dameon

WKR
I use a 35L Sea to Summit orange dry bag to store all my food, trash, and anything else with a scent (dirty socks). I think it is like the big river versions they sell at REI now. It is not the lightest thing, but it is very durable and comes with a D ring on it that is great for hanging up in a tree. I got hit by a hail storm on my rifle elk hunt last year and the bag held up great despite everything else taking a pounding, so the ruggedness of the bag was worth the weight penalty to me. I use smaller eVent or silnylon Granite Gear dry bags for my sleep system and extra clothes.

Davebuech

WKR
Dang, store your dirty socks with your food? That's hard core!

I use a 35L Sea to Summit orange dry bag to store all my food, trash, and anything else with a scent (dirty socks). I think it is like the big river versions they sell at REI now. It is not the lightest thing, but it is very durable and comes with a D ring on it that is great for hanging up in a tree. I got hit by a hail storm on my rifle elk hunt last year and the bag held up great despite everything else taking a pounding, so the ruggedness of the bag was worth the weight penalty to me. I use smaller eVent or silnylon Granite Gear dry bags for my sleep system and extra clothes.

Dameon

WKR
Dang, store your dirty socks with your food? That's hard core!

To be honest, they smelled so bad, I had to get them out of my shelter and I definitely did not want them in my pack. Since my food is sealed up in ziplock bags, and I was already storing my trash in there, I figured why not. In case your wondering, opening up a dry sack with dirty socks in it is not pleasant.......not even in the slightest.

Tod osier

WKR
I was going to suggestion a light fragrance free lotion for the problem in your title, but....

As far as food storage, I really like the Zpacks cuben food bags. They aren't technically dry bags, but they are close. They roll have a roll top and the seams are taped. We have never had water get in them.

OP
mfllood3800
I found this for $9 on Amazon with free 2 day shipping- Worth the try

CAMTOA 40L Lightweight Dry Sacks Waterproof Dry Bag

Stiching looks good quality, Plenty big, light weight, hangable, and a purty purple color came (you don't get to choose- they send what ever they want)
lol