Dry Sacks!!

cmeier117

WKR
I currently am playing around and reviewing the Sea to Summit Nano dry sacks and Granite gears Uberlight & Event sil dry sacks. What do you guys use? How many do you take with you?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I have some S2S dry sacks. Just picked up a 35L eVent version for keeping bagged meat away from the other stuff in the pack. I usually take two. they are nice for hanging food in bear country.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
I live and Hunt in Oregon and It is wet. So I plan to use 3-4 for food, sleeping bag, clothes, and electronics if need be.

B

bearguide

i use big garbage bags / unless we are doing white water trips

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Either Sea to Summit eVent compression sacks for clothing and sleeping bags or a Outdoor Research Dry Compression sack as its a great little dry bag that is WAY waterproof and doubles as a pack my wife can wear while we are day hunting out of spike camp.

slim9300

WKR
4 18L Uberlight dry sacks for my pack and camp organization and 1 10L for my sleeping bag. I love them and they all weigh the same as one "normal" dry sack. They are not cheap though.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
4 18L Uberlight dry sacks for my pack and camp organization and 1 10L for my sleeping bag. I love them and they all weigh the same as one "normal" dry sack. They are not cheap though.

I have an 18L uberlight and a 20L Sea to Summit Nano dry sack. Total weight increase for 4 dry sacks is 2oz for the Nano over Uberlight and you will have $120 in your pocket. Ill carry the .5oz more to get the Nano sacks. But the Uberlight is UL for sure and it is nice they have the Event on the bottom.

slim9300

WKR
I have an 18L uberlight and a 20L Sea to Summit Nano dry sack. Total weight increase for 4 dry sacks is 2oz for the Nano over Uberlight and you will have $120 in your pocket. Ill carry the .5oz more to get the Nano sacks. But the Uberlight is UL for sure and it is nice they have the Event on the bottom.

I just saw a review on them in a magazine and started doing some research. I liked what I read and ignored the price. That's pretty much the norm for me on hunting gear, but I have a "problem." lol. They are certainly not for most.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
I just saw a review on them in a magazine and started doing some research. I liked what I read and ignored the price. That's pretty much the norm for me on hunting gear, but I have a "problem." lol. They are certainly not for most.

I hear ya! I really like mine. Does it feel like a thin Tyvek to you? I was surprised how durable they are? I smashed my sleeping bag in one pretty good and no signs of stitches popping.

slim9300

WKR
I hear ya! I really like mine. Does it feel like a thin Tyvek to you? I was surprised how durable they are? I smashed my sleeping bag in one pretty good and no signs of stitches popping.

I think it's a similar material. It is actually kind of shocking how strong the material is for what it weighs. I also like how it's partially see-through.