Dst tarp mod

So I've been messing with a bunch of different tarp pitches and I'm wanting to add a reinforcement approximately 1/3 of the way in on the center seam of my dst tarp. I do not want to sew it and would like to use an adhesive of some sort.
If anyone has any knowledge as to some adhesives that would suit this purpose I would highly appreciate the advice.
Also, can I adhere cordura to the 30d sil fabric? I was reading somewhere that using the same material for somthing like this is best but have no idea weather that info is factual or not...
Any tips, advice or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Man I am not aware of a product that I would trust to glue a reinforcement patch on. Is there a reason you are against sewing it? Any alteration shop could sew it in 5 min. Just make sure they use a polyester thread and then you seam sill it after.

OP
nickstevens2588
Man I am not aware of a product that I would trust to glue a reinforcement patch on. Is there a reason you are against sewing it? Any alteration shop could sew it in 5 min. Just make sure they use a polyester thread and then you seam sill it after.
I guess basically just to avoid the holes from sewing and also to do it myself rather than taking it somewhere cause I do not own a machine. If sewing is the only surefire way, then sewing it is. But I would prefer to do it myself and as simple as possible.
What exactly is it about gluing that your not found of? Just the failure of the glue?

If I hadn't known of rokslide and was 100% doing the glue thing I would have personally used a product called seam grip. But I was hoping people such as yourself and others with experience in this category would chime in and tell how they would do it.

I guess basically just to avoid the holes from sewing and also to do it myself rather than taking it somewhere cause I do not own a machine. If sewing is the only surefire way, then sewing it is. But I would prefer to do it myself and as simple as possible.
What exactly is it about gluing that your not found of? Just the failure of the glue?

If I hadn't known of rokslide and was 100% doing the glue thing I would have personally used a product called seam grip. But I was hoping people such as yourself and others with experience in this category would chime in and tell how they would do it.

I am not familiar with Seam grip or similar. I might have to get some to use in conjunction with sewing, sounds like it would only help add strength. I think you could totally try it and pitch tarp in yard to test then if it fails have someone sew it. A touch of seam sealer will eliminate and leakage through needle holes.

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
After doing some diy seam sealing a few months ago I came upon the information that seam grip is not really compatible with siliconized nylon. Flowable silicone is the way to go. You can take regular tube 100% silicone and thin it with mineral spirits. I found permatex flowable silicone windshield sealer. It really adheres well. The idea of trying to adhere something to silnylon without sewing doesn't sound like a long term fix.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

OP
nickstevens2588
After doing some diy seam sealing a few months ago I came upon the information that seam grip is not really compatible with siliconized nylon. Flowable silicone is the way to go. You can take regular tube 100% silicone and thin it with mineral spirits. I found permatex flowable silicone windshield sealer. It really adheres well. The idea of trying to adhere something to silnylon without sewing doesn't sound like a long term fix.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
Yea, I've came to the conclusion after taking to many others that sewing it and sealing with silicone is best way.