DT questions

2ski

WKR
I'm sure this has been asked a few times on one of the many Kifaru threads on Rokslide, but how do I figure out which length of stays I need? I think I'm going to pull the trigger this weekend and buy the frame, save up over the summer and buy the pack towards the end of the summer. I'm 6 foot, but I know it goes by torso length.

My other question, since I'm buying these at different times, I was wondering if anyone knows of anyway I could use the frame only for a little training with some weight, maybe an overnight camping trip. I guess what I'm asking, is has anyone had any luck attaching a non-Kifaru bag, maybe just a duffle or something. Not anything to go balistic with a bunch of weight, but maybe some food, a sleeping bag, tent, ect. Just enough for some light use until I purchase the bag.

Pretty excited to place the order for it, but I keep rethinking coyote, camo green, or foliage. I'd love mulitcam, but.....$$$$$. Kind of leaning towards coyote or camo green.

123 4/8 P&Y

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty excited to place the order for it, but I keep rethinking coyote, camo green, or foliage. I'd love mulitcam, but.....$$$$$. Kind of leaning towards coyote or camo green.

I thought about ordering a coyote frame and multicam bag to save 10% on the frame. But I figure if this thing is going to be as badass as everyone says it is then I'll probably have it for a lot of years. So I sprung for what I wanted and ordered full camo. I haven't received it yet so I'm no help with your main question.

Nordic

FNG
What torso length do you have?
I'm 5'9 and I ordered a 26 inch bikini frame. I have a little shorter legs and longer torso than "normal" + that I wanted a steeper angle on the load lifters.
I have a 19 inch torso and I want to be able to use 45° angle on the load lifters, a least when carrying heavy loads so I was recommended (by Aron Snyder) 26 inch stays.

You can probably use straps to attach some bag to the frame, but if you have the money you should consider the grab-it. You should be able to use any bag if you buy the grab-it. If you have an old backpack that you don't use you can cut off the shoulderstraps and waistbelt and secure it against the frame with grab-it and maybe an extra strap. It's $31 in solid color and 34 in multicam. There's also a strap kit for $6 extra.
http://store.kifaru.net/grab-it-p24.aspx

KMT

WKR
I'm only 5'10" and have a fairly short torso. I ordered the DT3 last year with 26" stays. I would definitely recommend getting 26" stays. They are awesome when hauling out 100 pounds and give you plenty of room to take weight off your shoulders.

Regardless the pack you choose, make sure it is on a 26" BIKINI Frame! ABSOLUTELY THE BEST, LIGHTEST, MOST COMFORTABLE FRAME YOU WILL EVER OWN!! I have been using mine for a few weeks now. The fit and comfort of this frame is simply amazing. I have mine with a DT2 on it. I have owned over a dozen Kifaru packs. ALL of which were great. However, this setup is in a league of it's own. Get yourself some slotted buckles or G-Clips, a roll of webbing and make yourself some lashing straps. The frame has plenty of attachment points to attach a different pouch or small pack onto.