DT1 and an elk hind quarter

SDHNTR

WKR
Anyone got pics of how they may have packed out a hind quarter using the DT1 as a hauler? Inside or outside the bag? Using the Grab it? Compression straps? Curious to see how you keep the load from sagging down to the bottom of the pack.

littlebuf

Banned
not a DT1 but in my T1 ive had two front quarters and one hind quarter of a cow elk at once. the compression straps on the bag are efficient enough to keep the load sucked up tight and high where the load belongs. I carry my grab it still but mostly for over flow of gear and my bow

KMT

WKR
not a DT1 but in my T1 ive had two front quarters and one hind quarter of a cow elk at once. the compression straps on the bag are efficient enough to keep the load sucked up tight and high where the load belongs. I carry my grab it still but mostly for over flow of gear and my bow

littlebuf, like many of us that pack out elk with a backpack, almost certainly de-boned the elk. You can carry out 1/2 an elk in a DT1, DT2, or even a DT3 if it is deboned. A hind quarter will have to be broken down beyond just de-boned in order to fit in the mouth of a DT3 because the mouth of the pack is pretty small. The pics would only show a full back pack because the meat would be inside the pack.