DT1 lid question.

Would you get the standard lid or the long hunter with the DT 1? The pack is 7200, do I need the extra room?

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use the lid to organize a few go to items, so I would go with Longhunter Lid or XL lid. If you don't use it for storage or organizing, you should go with standard lid.

littlebuf

Banned
standard lid. theres so much room in that pack its silly. not worth the extra money IMO. buy two or three pull outs instead.it will be much better organization than the extra pocket on top

Beastmode

WKR
I really like having a little extra storage up top. You can throw maps compass and other things you might want to access a lot. It all depends what you want but for a minor weight penalty the extra 1000 ci of storage on the longhunter sure is nice.

littlebuf

Banned
I really like having a little extra storage up top. You can throw maps compass and other things you might want to access a lot. It all depends what you want but for a minor weight penalty the extra 1000 ci of storage on the longhunter sure is nice.

i guess its "nice" to have but for the life of me i cant see needing another 1000cu on this pack . i cant fill this thing up when im trying to much less when im cutting down to bare bones for a trip. isnt it just a bunch of extra materal on the pack at that point? i mean even fully loaded for a week i bet ive got a couple 1000cu im not using on this pack. only advantag i could see is maybe loading out meat and camp at the same time. but ive done that too with out a LH lid.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you buy a new pack, does it come with a standard lid? If you buy a long hunter, do you get both lids?

Lawnboi

WKR
I use an E&E for a lid, in place of the standard lid and longhunter lid. Don't need the space, but the organization is nice. And I will be able to mount the lid to the bikini frame when I make camp. Also makes for the perfect stalking pack after your main pack is dropped.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?4324-Kifar-E-amp-E-as-a-lid-continued

I didn't care for the longhunter lid too much after I got to play around with it.

littlebuf

Banned
you just get one lid. either standard or you pay extra for the LH

Slim Jim

WKR
I went with standard since there is so much room in the DT1. If I were to get the DT2 or 3, I would probably upgrade on the lid.

sk1

WKR
it's totally personal preference. i went with the long hunter for an extra separate compartment....i also lost CU by cutting off the DT1 bag snow collar, so the LH lid gave me some back. I also cut some straps off the LH lid as i was never going to use it separate from the bag. There are tons of options as you can tell from all the different opinions.

dotman

WKR
I use an E&E for a lid, in place of the standard lid and longhunter lid. Don't need the space, but the organization is nice. And I will be able to mount the lid to the bikini frame when I make camp. Also makes for the perfect stalking pack after your main pack is dropped.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?4324-Kifar-E-amp-E-as-a-lid-continued

I didn't care for the longhunter lid too much after I got to play around with it.

X2...the E&E is very versatile. I had a LH lid and hated it, sold it right away. For another 10oz or so and a few bucks more the E&E is the ultimate lid, day pack and all around use pack. I currently have a chamber pocket and possibles pouch to organize within it.

123 4/8 P&Y

Lil-Rokslider
I went with standard since there is so much room in the DT1. If I were to get the DT2 or 3, I would probably upgrade on the lid.

Ditto. I don't even have my DT1 yet so my opinion doesn't count for beans. But I read somewhere that once you get the T1 filled all they way up, including the snow collar, that it gets almost too tall. I didn't figure I'd want a 1,000ci lid on top of that. So if I need more room or pockets for organization I'll get a couple to mount down low on the sides. Man I can't wait to get this thing.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Standard lid plus large KU possibles pouch for me....not a need for more volume but just more of an organization thing for me.

Not the best pic but its what I got

P8310448.jpg

luke moffat

Super Moderator
There are two possible pouches in the pic...one on the top lid and one on the waistbelt..... and yes it is foliage

mtbshark

WKR
Oh man this is a great thread i was just thinking about this issue.
I an on the fence if i should order up an XTL or not for the highcamp, i dont think i like the idea of a outside pouch but do like to have a pocket on top of my pack.
i like having phone sunglasses and sunblock mainly up there. I am ocd about my sunglasses and i feel that the top of a pack is the safest place for them if not on my head.
for all currant owners is the XTL the bees knees or is there a better option?? Padded chamber pocket?

sorry if this is wrong thread for this

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
XTL is the best lid option for fit and organization for me. I am all about keeping stuff organized and don't like putting pouches on the pack.