Dual binocular/spotting scope setup?

Anybody have a setup to run a set of binoculars and spotting scope off the same tripod at the same time. I’ve checked out the outdoorsman set up, but there must be a cheaper way...

Mounting both on one tripod just seems too bulky to me. Kinda like taking a semi truck through a fast food drive thru.
I've seen several outdoorsmans dual mounts come up for sale over the years.

OP
tailUPorDOWN
Mounting both on one tripod just seems too bulky to me. Kinda like taking a semi truck through a fast food drive thru.
I've seen several outdoorsmans dual mounts come up for sale over the years.
I wouldn’t hunt with a setup like that but for scouting in the summer I think it would be handy

OP
tailUPorDOWN
Have you seen the Field Optics Research Arca Swiss Accessory Rail?
Arca Swiss Accessory Rail with Full length Arca Rail grooves with two twist mount Arca QR mounts. One 3/8-16 center mnt hole. Two 50mm QR plates included
Have you seen the Field Optics Research Arca Swiss Accessory Rail?
Arca Swiss Accessory Rail with Full length Arca Rail grooves with two twist mount Arca QR mounts. One 3/8-16 center mnt hole. Two 50mm QR plates included
could you mount pan heads/ball head on the rail?

jimmy88

FNG
What is the benefit of binos vs mono other than ease of packing around? If you were glassing valleys and canyons, do most prefer the stability of a spotting scope on a tripod over shaky binos? Or is the thought to deal with the instability for easy of hauling around a pair of binos?

MattCO

FNG
I'm fairly new to glassing on a tripod, started about a year ago. The tripod makes a huge difference, even with 8x or 10x binos. You'll pick up movement and even animals that aren't moving much better with stable binos vs shaky binos. Plus much less eye fatigue looking through stable binos than even a stable spotter.

If I had to leave binos or spotter at home, I'd definitely leave spotter, but still take the tripod for binos.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I did it with a Monfrotto 322RC2 head. I’m going to be putting all my Monfrotto stuff in the classifieds in the next couple days.

CAE0D68E-34CD-4D17-8FFC-853C567DFC74.jpeg

I was comparing two binoculars here but the spotter goes on top.