Dual or single cam

TylerH

FNG
I am looking at getting me a new bow very soon. I shot the PSE line up the other day and really liked them. I have narrowed it down to the DNA or the prophecy. The DNA is a dual cam and the Prophecy is a single cam. So I guess my question is what are the main advantages between the two cams. I have shot both bows and liked both of them. I don't want this to turn into a my bows better then your bow type of thread, I am looking for some good solid advice.

Tyler

BigMac

FNG
I'm not a bow expert by any means, and haven't bowhunted for a few years. When I bought my first bow, I was told. Dual cam bows are faster, a little harder to tune, and more recoil. Single cams are slower, quieter, less recoil, and more of a solid wall when drawn. Hope this helps, been awhile since I was in the bow market.

Josh

velvetfvr

WKR
Get the DNA if you want to spend the money. Best bow IMO and has alot more upgrades. Single or dual is personal preference. Dual cam has 2 stops so harder wall. Single is more spongy IMO. Both are easy to tune, quiet and shoot great. Mostly archery is personal preference. Single cams aren't always smoother also. Don't know where this comes from that singles are smoother.