Duck hunting near las vegas nv

I'm looking to get into duck hunting. I live in Las Vegas. I've heard that sunny side has the best hunting close to town. Does anyone have any info they can share about good places to hunt that are somewhat close to Las Vegas, or just general tips? I dont have a dog if that plays a factor.

ZachB

Lil-Rokslider
Upper and Lower Pahranagat have been good in the past but I haven’t been this year. The only waterfowl hunting I have done this year took place on private land.

Last edited:

Wassid82

WKR
I lived there for 8 years. only hunted ducks a couple of times because of limited access. there is a "draw" like situation up by Indian Springs. Sometimes we found some ducks not he virgin river but very few. There was a reservoir up in UT that sometimes we'd go hunt.... I think it was called gunlock. But I may be wrong...that was 10 years ago

OP
Eltigreblanco
I lived there for 8 years. only hunted ducks a couple of times because of limited access. there is a "draw" like situation up by Indian Springs. Sometimes we found some ducks not he virgin river but very few. There was a reservoir up in UT that sometimes we'd go hunt.... I think it was called gunlock. But I may be wrong...that was 10 years ago
Thanks for the info.I made it out on Saturday for the opener. Didn't shoot any ducks, but got some tips from a couple old timers. Hopefully I will have better luck next time out.

Eyeman

FNG
Used to go after Ducks alot a few years ago.
As far as real close to Vegas that may be hard. Probably need to drive an hour or more.
Desert Duck Hunting is hit and miss. Usually more miss.
Sunnyside always is good on the opener. Also later in the season when they move down.
May even get a Goose or 2.
Paharanagant and Hiko seem OK later in the season. But check the regs on what days you can Hunt as I think they are still on a rotating basis.
If you have some scouting time, Go check out the Virgin River south of Mesquite as well.
Good Luck!

OP
Eltigreblanco
Used to go after Ducks alot a few years ago.
As far as real close to Vegas that may be hard. Probably need to drive an hour or more.
Desert Duck Hunting is hit and miss. Usually more miss.
Sunnyside always is good on the opener. Also later in the season when they move down.
May even get a Goose or 2.
Paharanagant and Hiko seem OK later in the season. But check the regs on what days you can Hunt as I think they are still on a rotating basis.
If you have some scouting time, Go check out the Virgin River south of Mesquite as well.
Good Luck!
Thanks for the info. Hunted paranaghet last weekend, and I'm going to try to up again in 2 weekends