Duck Season!

Finally duck season in FL again. Been a fair start with a banded mottled duck on the second morning. Anybody else switch from deer to ducks?

I go the other way. Duck season opens at the same time archery deer does and I would rather duck hunt while it's open till November then go Archery deer while everyone else is rifle hunting them here

OP
I
I go the other way. Duck season opens at the same time archery deer does and I would rather duck hunt while it's open till November then go Archery deer while everyone else is rifle hunting them here
I wish it was that way down here. Average temp during bow season here is 96°F and Id much rather be carrying 6 ducks than dragging a deer in that kinda heat!

Oregon

WKR
We got it rough on the west coast. Opened Oct 12 and runs through end of January. Can’t believe the feds make me spend so much on shells. 107 day season

OP
I
We got it rough on the west coast. Opened Oct 12 and runs through end of January. Can’t believe the feds make me spend so much on shells. 107 day season
You poor Left Coasters! I'd never survive it. I hunt about 45-55 days of our 60 day season. If I had to go another 40 days Id likely die from sleep deprivation! I bought 4 cases of shells at WalMart on clearance for $3 a box. Im good for a couple years now.

JShane

FNG
you lucky SOB. nice mottled for sure. First phase was pretty good to me but not that good.

SoTxShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Great mottled duck! We've had more mottled ducks in my area of South Texas this year than we did last year. I did not kill a single one last year, and I've killed 1 in each of my last two hunts.

Our first phase just ended, and for me, it was very slow early. It started picking up this last week, and I had two nice hunts to finish out our first season. Looking forward to late season!

slick

WKR
Glass Eye- that’s a neat compilation of photos. Do you have a favorite kind or species to hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glass eye

FNG
Glass eye That Bender is an awesome marsh boat! I have a couple. The builder/STA guide Derek is a buddy.

That is Derek's boat. I had drawn a permit for STA 5 for the last day of season and I offered to take a local with me on a Florida hunting forum. Nobody responded to my offer. I went to Florida a week before my permit hunt and I got in on the standby draw. It gave me the chance to figure things out for the following week.
When my hunt day came I was 3rd in line and I got a call from Derek asking if anybody was going in with me, I said "no". He then asked where I planned on hunting and when I told him the parking number he said " That's my spot"
He asked if he could join me and I said certainly. I was going to put my kayak in the water and he offered me to jump in his boat. Great guy to hunt with.
STA Finale.jpg

glass eye

FNG
Glass Eye- that’s a neat compilation of photos. Do you have a favorite kind or species to hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guide for Cinnamon Teal in SoCal so I guess that would be my favorite.

JShane

FNG
Man o Man what a collage. You sir are a ninja. Ironeyes Derek got a website for those boats?

SoDaky

WKR
Glass eyes,I assume that's an older Browning,not the old Remington correct?

glass eye

FNG
Glass eyes,I assume that's an older Browning,not the old Remington correct?
It's a late 70's model Browning. It only looks 100 years old. I've been shooting it since it was new and shiny. We've grown old and ugly together. Riding between my legs in a kayak on the Bering Sea has been rough on it.

JShane

FNG
kayak in the Bering Sea. I humbly rescind my ninja comment sir it is far to insufficient a description