Duckworth wool shirts at Schnees photo preview thread

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Started wearing two of these shirts on my rifle hunts starting a week ago....will be posting photos of them while in the field through November....first thoughts extremely breathable, extremely comfortable, ZERO ITCH and like most lite wool gear need to be careful if hunting jungle country to prevent snags:) if questions fire away

1/3/17 UPDATE: Here is Ross' final review of the Duckworth Vapor & Maverick Snorkel Hoody. This stuff sounds really good for the active hunter
http://www.rokslide.com/gear/clothing/439-duckworth-vapor-hoody-maverick-snorkel-hoody-reviews

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member

The vapor hoody was on many climbs this fall and past my test..it concluded its season in the montana cabinets looking for big muleys and bulls, but decided to let all the little guys walk and eat some tag soup on that inexpensive combo tag :)

Made in USA I see, good.

True to size or size-up?

What about length?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

slick

WKR
I have a few of their Tshirts, in my opinion true to size. Length is good to go for me too. 5'10" 180

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

machinethomas

Lil-Rokslider
How is the sizing compared to First Lite. Wondering about selling my Chama Hoody for the Vapor Hoody? I'm not a fan of the "athletic fit" of a lot of gear, but the Chama Hoody is short and wide.

Last edited:
OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sizing is accurate and length good. Be careful with washing. Both these tops the vapor and maverick snorkel were of the light version and washed together. The vapor did not shrink much but the snorkel had serious shrinkage. The fit I would not say is athletic cut but more form fitting than first lite. These shirts were of the lightweight version versus my first lite I have that is much heavier. Great shirt for climbing high activity.

I have a few of their Tshirts, in my opinion true to size. Length is good to go for me too. 5'10" 180

Slick, what size are you wearing? I'm the same height and weight as you... First Lite large Llano and Chama both fit me pretty well.

slick

WKR
Slick, what size are you wearing? I'm the same height and weight as you... First Lite large Llano and Chama both fit me pretty well.

Sorry, just saw this today. I'm wearing one right now- a large and it fits well as a base layer. Not to snug, relaxed fit.

Bambistew

WKR
Do you lIke bighorn sheep or want to hunt them in the future? If so, you may want to consider where your wool comes from... the source of this wool basically eliminates the entire Gravely Range in MT from ever reestablishing a wild sheep population. This area could support a considerable herd of bighorn sheep. There are two small groups (25-40, not enough to hunt) currently, and they get killed as they stray from their small areas due to disease risk. It's just a matter of time before they all die off due to proximity to domestics.

If you must buy wool, get it from NZ, or from someplace other than where it conflicts with wild sheep habitat.

The number one reason for the decline in wild sheep is contact with domestics. As an FYI 25 years ago Montanan gave out nearly 600 sheep permits. This last year I think it was 260ish... the reason, die off due to contracting domestic sheep disease. At this rate we won't have any sheep to hunt in another 25 years, and you can thank the wool growers.

Hey at least they can make a living at our expense.

Beckjhong

WKR
Do you lIke bighorn sheep or want to hunt them in the future? If so, you may want to consider where your wool comes from... the source of this wool basically eliminates the entire Gravely Range in MT from ever reestablishing a wild sheep population. This area could support a considerable herd of bighorn sheep. There are two small groups (25-40, not enough to hunt) currently, and they get killed as they stray from their small areas due to disease risk. It's just a matter of time before they all die off due to proximity to domestics.

If you must buy wool, get it from NZ, or from someplace other than where it conflicts with wild sheep habitat.

The number one reason for the decline in wild sheep is contact with domestics. As an FYI 25 years ago Montanan gave out nearly 600 sheep permits. This last year I think it was 260ish... the reason, die off due to contracting domestic sheep disease. At this rate we won't have any sheep to hunt in another 25 years, and you can thank the wool growers.

Hey at least they can make a living at our expense.

Did a quick google search on this. Looks like it is still an active issues. Thanks for bringing the sportsman’s angle to this. I was all set to try out some Duckworth, but definitely have second thoughts now.