Dudley’s new checkmate quiver

Ucsdryder

WKR
and now the jokes have started
No jokes. The attachment to the bow is almost identical to a tight spot. It adjust similar too. It has 1 rail instead of 2. The gripper has been around forever, a smaller slot for skinny arrows and a larger slot for larger arrows. The foam with the holes cut out, lots of those on the market.

So tell me about all the innovations that this quiver has…

No jokes. The attachment to the bow is almost identical to a tight spot. It adjust similar too. It has 1 rail instead of 2. The gripper has been around forever, a smaller slot for skinny arrows and a larger slot for larger arrows. The foam with the holes cut out, lots of those on the market.

So tell me about all the innovations that this quiver has…
I read your question as a semi sarcastic push that was honestly asking what was innovative about the product and why you should be excited about it. because I too failed to see some innovative features other than the single arrow gripper.
single arrow gripper would be great for tree hunting when you missed on your first shot.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I read your question as a semi sarcastic push that was honestly asking what was innovative about the product and why you should be excited about it. because I too failed to see some innovative features other than the single arrow gripper.
single arrow gripper would be great for tree hunting when you missed on your first shot.
I agree with the single holder. Might be good for treestand guys but I refuse to take off my quiver, but I also don’t hunt from trees!

My reply might have been a little sarcastic. 😉

Everything today is “innovative” and a “game changer”. For whatever reason it seems that anything archery related uses those descriptive words on anything new for the year!

Fugly factor is too much for me.
I agree, and I also just can’t see this as a 200$ quiver, it really looks like a cheap truglo quiver to me, and none of the features are anything special. I’m sure it’s a good quiver, but I can’t see the price vs value in this.

I much prefer double grippers, and if not, adjustable grippers like a standard tightspot.

WoodBow

WKR
skip to about the 3 minute mark and you will see a prime example of why I like my quiver on the bow in a treestand.

I have never found the arrows being on the bow to cause any issue with moving it around and clearance. I have hunted a lot out of a saddle as well. I guess if you are used to a 62" recurve, no part of a compound seems cumbersome.

why I like my quiver on the bow in a treestand
I would argue the chances of a deer sticking around that long after a missed shot are low at best, but I see your point...no one wants to miss a second chance if they can't find another arrow quickly. Looked like a layup of a shot too...

WoodBow

WKR
I would argue the chances of a deer sticking around that long after a missed shot are low at best, but I see your point...no one wants to miss a second chance if they can't find another arrow quickly. Looked like a layup of a shot too...
totally agree. That is a deer on a very controlled low pressure farm. But crazier things do happen. I shot 2 does in rapid succession, almost followed by a buck this year. It was a fun couple of minutes. The buck stuck his head out of cover just far enough to sniff the arrow that went through doe #2, then he noped right out of that situation.

We certainly prepare for plenty of other what if contingencies.

TheTone

WKR
I can think of two hunts where I took a second shot immediately after the first miss and both resulted in a filled tag. Wouldn’t have been possible with my quiver not on my bow

Last edited: