Duffel for Backpack

Jorge400

FNG
The carry-on backpack thread brought up a question. I've checked a full size backpack in the past with most of my gear in it and carried on a smaller pack/bag on with optics, etc. I used my rain fly as a cover and synched it down tight to get the straps etc. covered. However, rain flys are not made to withstand luggage compartments and baggage handlers and I ended up with some holes in my rain fly.

Does anyone here use or recommend a lightweight wheeled duffle that will accommodate a pack in the 5,500 to 6,500 ci range when checking a pack?

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
Lightweight wheeled duffels are one way to go, but I do like non-wheeled options -- less bulky, way cheaper, easier to stash at your destination, especially if you are on a bush plane, etc. The Osprey Airporter (Large) or the Deuter Flight Cover 90 work well.

Vandy321

WKR
I've had good luck with both the northface and patagonia duffels with shoulder straps to be worn as a backpack around airport and well. Waterproof, super tough/durable....

david_227

FNG
I use the Mystery Ranch Mission Duffles. The 90 L works pretty good as I haul my 8000 ci pack to Alaska in it every year. I usually put the empty pack in the duffle and the contents around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vandy321

WKR
That MR duffle looks awesome! I retract my post pushing the northface and patagonia...the MR looks much more comfortable the way the straps run