Dumb arizona elk question

Headed to Arizona Monday for my elk hunt and I don't have a valid hunting license. I have the tag, but do I need the license? Don't have a problem buying but just wanted some clarification. Thanks!

100% need a valid hunting license.

We just got home yesterday from my wife’s AZ deer hunt. She was checked twice during the hunt. Print it off or save it on your phone, either is acceptable.

neverquit

WKR
100% need a valid hunting license.

We just got home yesterday from my wife’s AZ deer hunt. She was checked twice during the hunt. Print it off or save it on your phone, either is acceptable.
That crazy.

I’m an az native hunt almost every season in all 4 corners of the state.

It’s been years since I’ve even seen an warden in the field

That crazy.

No ordinary tag… I think they monitor the NW corner of the state pretty heavily when the hunts are open. We actually saw a total of 4. 2 were together, so we ran into wardens 3 separate times and were physically checked twice. They were good guys. It’s good seeing them out there with the new camera rules and all the other potential shenanigans that might be going on.

@Donjuan - Yes, you need a valid license to draw. But with the 365 day license you could have an expired license by the time you’re hunting. You have to have a current hunting license at the time of your hunt.

Weldor

WKR
That crazy.

Same here, but this year we actually talked to one during dove season.