Dumb down Atlas Bipod options for me please

SDHNTR

WKR
The Atlas site is overwhelming, too many options, too confusing for someone like me with ADD who can’t read through a million different choices to find what I’m looking for. Reminds me of Kifaru. I need a translator. Here’s what I’m looking for...

I want a bipod with a quick detach option to fit on my front pic rail. I want legs that extend so I can shoot both prone and seated. I don’t want to have to swap out or change legs. Is that possible? If so, which model is that?

Warrior27

Lil-Rokslider
Ha ha, glad I’m not the only one. I’m in the same boat so I’m tagging in. I do believe the “LW17” in the model number is for the quick detachable model. I think the model I’m looking for is the BT46 LW17 which is pretty much what your describing ( I think). Hopefully others will chime in and we can both learn. I watched a YouTube video just a couple weeks ago that explains the differences in the BT 46 and BT 10. If I find it I’ll try and provide a link.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Yep. All their number/letter designations are ridiculous. They obviously have no marketing professionals working for them! Name your models something that is easy to remember while at the same time it describes and differentiates your product! I hate it when a product website leaves me more confused after spending time there than before I even arrived!

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
Ok boomer, they do not have a model that you can use seated. Cal (can’t and lock) is what I use and would recommend for a prone style bipod and the lw17 is the quick release attachment for a pic rail.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Ok boomer, they do not have a model that you can use seated. Cal (can’t and lock) is what I use and would recommend for a prone style bipod and the lw17 is the quick release attachment for a pic rail.
Haha, what a d!(k. I’m a cpl decades younger than Boomer status, I just know deficient product marketing when I see it.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Do you use a tripod where you hunt?
At times, yes. Tried Harris years ago. Hated that rattle trap attached to my gun. Been using a Spartan Javelin last few years but it’s not perfect either. I like how it deploys and how it’s not attached, but it’s not the most stable. I like the tilt/cant/pan ability of the Atlas. Would like to try it.

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
At times, yes. Tried Harris years ago. Hated that rattle trap attached to my gun. Been using a Spartan Javelin last few years but it’s not perfect either. I like how it deploys and how it’s not attached, but it’s not the most stable. I like the tilt/cant/pan ability of the Atlas. Would like to try it.
I use the CAL model. It does not allow any pan movement. For anything other than prone I use the anvil 30 head on a tripod.

Once I started shooting off a tripod more I realized how inefficient my hunting grounds are in providing me an opportunity to shoot prone. Good luck in your bipod search. I know modular evolution used to sell different length legs for seated shots but there is some question whether he will stay in business it seems. Broz would be a good one to ask on mod evo stuff.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I’ve looked into a tripod based shooting system. I carry a tripod for my binos and spotter, with an Outdoorsmans head. The separate pan and tilt levers would make setting it up for shooting take too long. And most ball heads I’ve used might work for shooting but then suck for glassing. If I’m going to use a shooting system off the tripod, I want it to work for regular glassing too. Is there a head out there that does both well? Maybe that’s a topic for another thread.

X-file

Lil-Rokslider
Not to change the topic

Or you could get a warne skyline bipod then you don’t need to research which one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Has anyone used their pistol grip head with the Triclawps?

The Pistol grip is not my favorite for glassing, but it works. If it could do double duty, it might be worth it.

The Atlas site is overwhelming, too many options, too confusing for someone like me with ADD who can’t read through a million different choices to find what I’m looking for. Reminds me of Kifaru. I need a translator. Here’s what I’m looking for...

I want a bipod with a quick detach option to fit on my front pic rail. I want legs that extend so I can shoot both prone and seated. I don’t want to have to swap out or change legs. Is that possible? If so, which model is that?
Your best bet is a harris 12-25 swivel with a quick detach adapter.

ChrisAU

WKR
Has anyone used their pistol grip head with the Triclawps?

The Pistol grip is not my favorite for glassing, but it works. If it could do double duty, it might be worth it.

I found the Outdoorsmans pistol grip to not be strong enough to hold a rifle without the shooter holding it as well. Could get awkward with a Triclawps. However, a Spartan Davros on a light tripod has been no issue up to ~12 lbs of rifle. I have a Outdoorsmans QD plate on the Davros. Quick and easy change between glass and Davros on the tripod when needed.

nrh6.7

WKR
I found the Outdoorsmans pistol grip to not be strong enough to hold a rifle without the shooter holding it as well. Could get awkward with a Triclawps. However, a Spartan Davros on a light tripod has been no issue up to ~12 lbs of rifle. I have a Outdoorsmans QD plate on the Davros. Quick and easy change between glass and Davros on the tripod when needed.
What are you using for a tripod? I have the davros also, but only have a slik 634, which doesn't seem near stable enough.