dumb man needs boot help.

huck

Lil-Rokslider
Need some ladys help. My wife decided she wants to hike with me,but she needs a decent pair of boots. Shes cheap ,under 280.00 w/tax .I got her a pr of crispi colorado gtx and they were to big or to small, and she thought the foot box was to stiff and not cushioned enough. So just wondering if anyone has any ideas.

What kind of hiking, what kind of weather, and is a heavy pack involved? Mostly asking to see if boots would even be necessary.

TX4ever

Lil-Rokslider
I’d recommend taking her to an REI or local shop to try on some different brands. People here can recommend what works for them but if they don’t fit your wife’s foot right, she ain’t gonna be happy hiking long distances sir.

C.payne

WKR
A great boot to check out that many people haven’t heard of is the Oboz Bridger Mid.
They are gaining a cult like following up here in Western Canada with women. I helped a buddy out at his store for a few weeks when my work was slow. I couldn’t believe the amount women that came in specifically for that boot.
Since then I got my wife a pair and recommended them to a friend. Both of them really like the boots.
It’s basically just a great all around hiking/backpacking boot. They have a decent warranty and a price that doesn’t break the bank.

If hiking steep inclines, the boots have would be good , the stiffness helps distribute away from toe/calf area. Just add good insoles.

I just bought these for my 15 year old on sale. Sizes choices are limited but might be worth a look.

La SportivaFC ECO 3.2 GTX Hiking Boots - Women's​

Also, the Lowa Renegades come in womens but they are $245. Good color selection.

My girlfriend really like her renegades. The newer iteration is an improvement over what I had years ago. Her previous favorite was a pair of Keen.

BobDog

FNG
I really like my Mammut's, but everyone feet are different. I agree with TX4ever that she should just go to a store with multiple options and try some on. This article is a great places for suggestions:

I use Salomon Quest for most of my hiking and hunting. They've held up well for at least three years.