Dumb question about WY preference points

ChasinDoes

Lil-Rokslider
If my buddy has 4 points and I have 1 point do they average to 2.5 points when applying as a group?

This would mean that we would fall in the < 3 group when looking at draw odd statistics correct?

What exactly does it mean when you "apply with preference point"? Does that mean you get another point added to you application when applying or does it just give you the point when dont draw?

Sorry for the dumb questions, never applied as a group before and want to make sure I got all the info I need.
b44ded5bc9bf7f7d2d3242bba4da8b6d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BuzzH

WKR
Yes to question 1, you would average 2.5 points, I believe Wyoming rounds to, IIRC 3 decimal places, meaning a group with 2.75 points would draw before your group.

Applying with preference points means you're applying using your accumulated points.

With the exception of moose and sheep, you don't accrue a point for the current years draw/application period if unsuccessful, they have to be applied for during the point only period.

ndbuck09

WKR
and then the question is how many of the those 39 less than 2 folks/groups had more than 2 points so that they'll have a touch more than 3 this year?

Patton

Lil-Rokslider
Wyoming averages points to the 4th decimal place

Also if you don't draw, you will not be awarded a PP. You need to go back in (Jul 2-Nov 2) to purchase a point if unsuccessful.

If you have 1 point right now, you'll be applying with 1 point. You can buy a second point this summer (see above) and next year you'll enter with 2 points. Good luck!

jmez

WKR
and then the question is how many of the those 39 less than 2 folks/groups had more than 2 points so that they'll have a touch more than 3 this year?
And factor in the guys that had 3 or more and didn't apply last year for various reasons. Along with some that have > 3 that decide to apply to this unit because they will never catch up in a different unit.

It just keeps creeping up every year.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
C

ChasinDoes

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for the input, certainly cleared some things up. We want to both hunt at the same time but might be a little risky to apply as a group, would rather go along with him without a tag then both of us sitting home with no tags

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk