"DUNAMIS"

Encore, what are the two things circled in red...

Barrel-Picture.jpg

the circle object even appears to be mirrored on the wall of the bore.

OP
ENCORE

ENCORE

WKR
I use the Pittman loading jag.

UPDATE: The modified breech plug arrived a day earlier than the tracking # had indicated.

I installed the breech plug and started putting the grease to it. It got to the point and so hard to use that grease gun, I thought something was likely to expel from my body. I picked up a piece of metal tube I had and used that for a little more leverage. After 5 or 6 pumps the hose on the grease gun cracked. It was rated for 4K #. I ran and picked up a new hose rated for 10K.
As I said, I thought I'd end up expelling something, but after a few new pumps, I checked with a dowel I had marked and found that it had moved out 1/8". I worked my ask off but finally it cleared the end of the barrel.

I don't mind sharing my bad with any good. So here's what ...…. I had done. I had actually loaded and tried pushing down two (2) bullets. I've never done that before and there's always a first. Just like "dry balling" with a traditional. Why both bullets were stuck at 14.25" from the muzzle is anyone's guess.

So, DUNAMIS is all cleaned up and put back together, scope back on and its ready to re-zero it.

Next question someone might have...…… I'll just respond that ...….. I have no clue LOL

Here's the modified breech plug

IMG_1724.JPG

The obstruction:

IMG_1726.JPG

OP
ENCORE

ENCORE

WKR
I would say Powder Kernels
Correct. That's 2 pieces of BH that I couldn't swab out.
Yes, it is mirrored on the wall. There's a lot of reflection in the photo from the endoscope light. I should have turned the brightness down.

PAbow84

Lil-Rokslider
Glad you got it all sorted out. Really couldn't think of a good explanation of why that would happen but two bullets makes sense. Hopefully you have it cutting holes again soon.

OP
ENCORE

ENCORE

WKR
Amazing when you have a top notch equipment how well things go back together. After tearing down the rifle completely and putting it back together, I sent 6 rounds this forenoon after remounting the scope. It needed ZERO adjustment and was dead on!
DUNAMIS is back!

OP
ENCORE

ENCORE

WKR
Sent my first smokeless charges through the custom .45cal today. First 3 rounds varied quite a little and I deleted them, then it settled right down.

IMG_1738.JPG

300gr Fury ST2 with 87grs Benchmark.JPG

OP
ENCORE

ENCORE

WKR
Sent 10 this morning before it got hot. 73° was nice.

No cooling time, no down time. 10 rounds shot as fast as they could be safely loaded.

First clean bore shot was the lowest on target.

8-4-19.JPG

OP
ENCORE

ENCORE

WKR
Looks like a winner for sure!
Good shooting.
Before the issue I created for myself, I had just shot at 500yds twice using only the JBM data. I needed a vertical adjustment, which was made then I sent the 3rd round. Really wanted to send two more, but the issue started and I couldn't send the last two.

IMG_1717.JPG