Duplex frame question

Rockchuck

WKR
I am planning on picking up a duplex frame with 26" stays and have a couple questions. What is the difference between the long hunter frame and the EMR frame? Weight? features? Suspension? Also,I have occasionally seen a few used frames for sale and am curious if they will fit. Are they adjustable for torso length? If the seller ordered theirs and they are 5'6", will I be able to adjust the longhunter/EMR to fit my 21" torso at 6'1" or is something sewed in that is not adjustable for the original 5'6" users shorter torso and would end up in the wrong place on my longer torso? On the waist belt, are they custom length or set sizes like S/M/L?. Meaning, if originally set up for a 34-36" waist, will it fit no larger? Or is there usually a wider range built into them. Lots of questions, Thanks!

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would call Kifaru and ask all these questions. Aron may know all these answers. If he doesn't see this you could send him a PM

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yeah, I would give Kevin a call or even get on the Kifaru boards and look. There is a wealth of information there.

The belts are interchangeable, and I am pretty sure the have standardized sizes, s, m, l, etc.

They do encourage you to bend the frame if necessary, but I bought from the factory for that reason. I didn't want to have to. I put a G2 Longhunter Guide Bag on an EMR frame. The EMR belts have two rows of Pals, and i believe some extra tab loops. Because I planned on using the Cargo Panel I went that route.

If somebody will post some pictures of just the Longhunter frame, I will post of the EMR and maybe we can see some differences.

DaveS

Lil-Rokslider
The EMR and Longhunter frames are the same. The main difference is the shoulder straps and belt. The EMR shoulder straps have quick eject buckles making them slightly heavier than the Longhunter shoulder straps. The EMR waist belt has two rows of standard PALS while the Longhunter has a velcro backed strap and single row of "hunters" pals. The velcro strap supports the older hunting pouches and gun bearer while the single row of "hunters" pals supports the KU gun bearer and the new 500D and KU belt pouches. Guys have put the 500D and KU belt pouches on the EMR belt. Also the Longhunter now uses the T1/T2 belt. The T1/T2 belt has the "pocket" that fits over the duplex frame as well as stay pockets for the T1/T2 stays. I recently ordered a small belt for my Longhunter and it is identical to the belt on my T1.

You can order a duplex frame with any combination of shoulder straps and belt though it is not clear how you would do it online. I found it is easier to talk to Angie at Kifaru directly when making a custom order.

OP
Rockchuck

Rockchuck

WKR
Thanks guys! That was very informative. Sounds like I may just buy direct from them with the options of choosing the components. I am thinking the belt with dual pals rows and the longhunter shoulder straps without the quick release. I will have to look into the T1/T2 belt more though first.