Duplex Frame with HPG CM20 Ultralight Bag

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Just got my CM20 bag tonight. I also have a CM25 in CB coming too. Really liking how this is turning out. Pictures below of my Frankenpack. =-) Will post more below as I take more photos after I configure them.

Hill People Gear CM20 bag on Duplex Frame. right around 4lbs for this setup

CM20 with Kifaru Long as compression Panel.

CM20 with Tactical Cargo Panel with Lock and Docks on inside of tactical Panel. Talk about low profile tight to your back. Love this configuration.

Looks good James. The HPG bags are a nice option. I did a little strap cutting to get mine to fit like I wanted. After seeing your setup with the long pockets, I think I'm going to have to get a couple. I just don't know if I want KU or regular.

You're having way too much fun. Will the HPG bag attach to the frame by itself? If so please point out how.

I used my duplex frame and a hpg 25 bag as a daypack this elk season. It was the perfect amount of room. I also have two long pockets and have used one on top and one on the back as you did.

I've got some HPG bags I use as well. I use a CM20 in Coyote for whitetail hunting strapped to my bikini frame. I love it. I would also use it for day hunting elk if I ever chose to go that route.

I put the HPG silnylon bag on my duplex frame and then one of their daypack packs on behind that. Was a pretty cool little setup for sure.....though I still think for the most part its more trouble than its worth and the big bag theory much faster and easier when actually living out of a pack. Sure is fun to tinker with options though....well done!

You can see how the silnylon bag is inbetween the daypack thingy and the frame. Cool idea, but with that configuration you'd have to remove that if it was full of gear and put it to the bottom or top of the pack to keep the meat as close to your back as possible rather than have the sil bag full of gear in-between the frame and thus pushing the meat further away from your back

Last edited:
HAHA....I have used the cargo panel in other instances, but the purpose of that trip was to try out the HPG gear stuff and actually use it for hunting. Overall its a great product. But not my cup of tea. I'm a simpleton I guess and just prefer a big bag as opposed to a bunch of little accesories everywhere. There is some beauty (and weight money savings) in the simplicity of a 7k-8500 cu in bag and being done with it.

Right on SHTF!!! Well done man...so you plan to put the meat and cape and hide between the frame and CM25 bag some how or what?

Back