Durable Cot and Cot Pad for Wall Tent

jboettner

FNG
Looking for recommendations on a good durable cot and cot pad setup for wall tent hunting. Currently looking at the Davis tent Big Boy Cot And pad. Appreciate any recommendations.

For individual cots I use the teton sports xxl and teton pads. Very well built and comfortable to sleep on. For the bunks I use the disco bed xl and 2xl. The 2xl is far better suited for adults and just a lot more spacious. Both the disco beds are very well built from heavy gauge tubing, the 2xl weighs 100lbs assembled to give you an idea. The downside to the 2xl is the sleeping area measures 34x80, not 40x80 as advertised. The only sleeping pads I could find in that size were from cuckbelas at $100 per.....

jhm2023

WKR
The disc-o-bed is awesome. It gives the option to run them in a bunk bed setup to save room or two single cots. When in the bunk bed configuration you can drop one side of the top bunk and turn it into a couch which is great. I like an APLS insulated pad on top as they're fairly cheap, plenty comfortable and thick enough to act as "couch cushion" when you put the bunks in couch mode.

jhm2023

WKR
I should add that if running the bunk bed setup while using a woodstove, then the person on the top bunk will nearly have a heat stroke.

Another Disc o bed fan here. They are heavy as hell, but if you are lugging a wall tent around I doubt weight is an issue. I have used two sets in a wall tent and my AO both, what I found is that if its cool in the tent your body heat will condensate between your bag and the cot fabric. The cot itself is comfortable enough to sleep on without a pad, but to get by the dampness issue of the fabric I put Therm-a-Rest Z Lite Sol Ultralight pads down. Super comfy set up and no longer deal with damp cots.