Durable hunting pants?

22lr

WKR
Second season in my SG De Havilland in Alaska. Im still pretty impressed. I dont mind the snaps on the pockets as much, they may be growing on me. They don't feel super secure but again, I have yet to have em pop open in me unless I open em. I was also fairly skeptical on the leg vents, but at least in Alaska, they work very well.

I put about 25 days In the bush on em so far this year, so about 45 total. I have had 2 tiny piles form on one knee, but otherwise they look flawless. Caveat, I never don't have my gaiters on in Alaska, so that helps protect the bottoms from snags. Also, super impressed with how well they dry once wet. Even when truck hunting I don't bother bringing extra pants anymore, these are not gonna let me down.

The longer I use these pants the longer I think that these will always be my go to.

Lowg08

WKR
Your going to love the foundry pants. They are an all year pant. I will just change up my base and mids and it’s them.

Titan_Bow

WKR
Prana Zions have lasted a long time for me. I have some that are going on season 6 now, and I wear them a lot throughout the year as well for work, hiking, etc. I lost the button on one pair, but other than that, they dont look much different than the new pair I just bought this year. I hunt mainly Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming and Montana.

Anybody know of any merino pants besides the FL Obsidians?

I would prefer closer to 50/50 with a lot more nylon/synthetic for the trifecta of better durability, lighter weight, and cheaper.

Lowg08

WKR
Anybody know of any merino pants besides the FL Obsidians?

I would prefer closer to 50/50 with a lot more nylon/synthetic for the trifecta of better durability, lighter weight, and cheaper.
The foundry obsidians are 50/50. Still not tough

jKsled

Lil-Rokslider
First Lite corrugate guide pants are awesome. I’ve been throw overgrown clearcuts, briars, etc and. Don’t have a single snag or blemish anywhere on them

Was gifted a pair of the FL guides. I don't think they touch the durability of Wrangler ATG or Costco nylon pants.

I’m on year 2 or 3 of my Costco Gerry pants. I think I paid 7.99 for the last pair on sale. A couple burn holes from camp fires but other than that they’re going strong. I hunt 20-30 days a year and cover a couple hundred miles. Point being, if you’re hard on pants, a 8-25 dollar pair are a lot easier on the wallet to replace. Wrangler, Eddie Bauer, Costco all are good options and probably 95-100% as good as you’re 200 dollar pair.

Lowg08

WKR
Was gifted a pair of the FL guides. I don't think they touch the durability of Wrangler ATG or Costco nylon pants.
Were you gifted the new foundry. That have beefed up several areas compared to the original guides

jKsled

Lil-Rokslider
Were you gifted the new foundry. That have beefed up several areas compared to the original guides
No, just the corrugate guides.
I found the material less durable (very stretchy vs. just a "little" stretch).

Prana Zions have lasted a long time for me. I have some that are going on season 6 now, and I wear them a lot throughout the year as well for work, hiking, etc. I lost the button on one pair, but other than that, they dont look much different than the new pair I just bought this year. I hunt mainly Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming and Montana.
Same here. I looked over a 6 year old pair that I have worn on at least 3 hunting trips, busting brush, etc.. I wear at least 1x per week for work in a manufacturing plant, and I cannot find any wear issues with them. 2nd pair is much the same. KUIU attacks have been close, but I do have a few snags in the couple of pairs I have but that is it. Really like the Prana stuff though.

TSimons9

FNG
First Lite corrugate guide pants lasted for 3 years and only got retired because an ember from a camp fire put a hole in them. This is almost exclusively southern Arizona Coues deer hunting with lots of catclaw, mesquite, and cactus. Those 3 seasons total probably 100 days in the field. Currently trying Sitka ascent pants. The Sitka pants fit me better than the First Lite pants but I've only scouted and hunted elk in them which is a lot easier on clothing than southern AZ.

muchach0

Lil-Rokslider
I like kuiu hunting pants been going through devils claw cactus and they hold up well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear these for all kinds of work and play. Too thin for winter, so I wear Timberlines. But yeah, Zions are excellent pants.

Wrench

WKR
In 28 days I wore through a pair of obsidiana and guides are nearly garbage now.