Durable hunting pants?

Pistolpete28

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had any luck with hunting pants lasting multiple seasons ? I’ve gone through a few Kuiu pants and a firstlite pant.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Kuiu attacks just don’t die, for me, crazy tough for their weight. I’ve got a pair that is 4 years old that I wear year round hiking etc in addition to hunting.

The stone glacier dehavilland pants are really quite durable. I have jabbed and jabbed them in deadfall and they have taken it quite well.

OP
Pistolpete28

Pistolpete28

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu attacks just don’t die, for me, crazy tough for their weight. I’ve got a pair that is 4 years old that I wear year round hiking etc in addition to hunting.

The stone glacier dehavilland pants are really quite durable. I have jabbed and jabbed them in deadfall and they have taken it quite well.
My first pair of attacks lasted longer than the 2nd pair for some reason. I’ll look up the sg pants may give them a shot.

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
Kind of shocked that you wore through a pair of attacks. Going on the second season with mine now and they've still in great shape. Took them through hell and back in the jungles of North Idaho last season and only got a tiny hole. Some of the other KUIU pants might be more durable. The Kutana Stretch look like a step up from the attack's. Otherwise, Sitka has some decent options. I'd still trust KUIU over them for durability though.

406unltd

WKR
My old Alaios pant from Kryptek lasted a long time. I suspect my timberlines will as well.

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
First Lite corrugate guide pants are awesome. I’ve been throw overgrown clearcuts, briars, etc and. Don’t have a single snag or blemish anywhere on them

First Lite corrugate guide pants are awesome. I’ve been throw overgrown clearcuts, briars, etc and. Don’t have a single snag or blemish anywhere on them
That's pretty impressive. Might have to look into getting a pair

Ucsdryder

WKR
I’m on year 2 or 3 of my Costco Gerry pants. I think I paid 7.99 for the last pair on sale. A couple burn holes from camp fires but other than that they’re going strong. I hunt 20-30 days a year and cover a couple hundred miles. Point being, if you’re hard on pants, a 8-25 dollar pair are a lot easier on the wallet to replace. Wrangler, Eddie Bauer, Costco all are good options and probably 95-100% as good as you’re 200 dollar pair.

tonedover

FNG
First Lite Corrugate or sitka timberline depending on temp

The corrugate line is the only first lite stuff ive kept

i think they make a double layer corrugate now too

22lr

WKR
I have the SG pants, love them so far. Only logged 10 days in the field with em so far, but it was a solid 10 days of putting on miles and busting some serious Alaska brush and rocks. I'm not a fan of the cargo pocket snaps and would prefer an actual button vs the quiet closure snap they use. Not that I ever had em pop lose and cost me gear, but they just don't close as securely as I'd like for a $180 pant. But all in all I'm pretty impressed.

This was also my first year rocking anything besides old BDU/ABU pants so its not like I need phenomenal performance to impress me...

3rd season with a pair Prana Zion pants right now, the bottom of the one leg is starting to tear now but still wearing them. Northwest WA lots of brush and blackberries etc

coohio1854

Lil-Rokslider
KUIU attacks. Just wore them for 8 days straight on an Idaho elk hunt. More deadfall than I could’ve imagined. The only hole in them happened when my uncle accidentally stabbed me with his havalon cutting up an elk. I seriously scraped and scratched them against everything. On brisk mornings I wore fuse bottoms. The leg vents are amazing. If you’re hunting in rainy conditions with thigh high brush like we were they will wet out. I learned the hard way when they soaked through down to my gaiters into my socks and boots. But that was after 4 hours of brush busting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowg08

WKR
I have been really putting the corrugate foundry pants through the ringers and they are holding up great. I see many seasons coming for these pants

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
for lightweight pants I've had good luck with Sitka Ascents- I finally tore a pair last year (year three of wearing them) and Sitka sewed them up for free and they did such a good job I have a heck of time finding where it was sewn

for heavier (colder weather) pants the Sitka Timberline are nearly bombproof

ZDR

WKR
The Fjallraven pants are tough and lots of well thought out pockets. I just got a pair of the First Lite Corrugate Foundry pants and they certainly feel beefy but no miles on them yet.