Durable Rain Gear with Pit Zips

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking to upgrade my rain gear. I am going to start with the jacket first. I was going to get First Lite but then I noticed their rain jacket didn’t have pit zips. I’ve hiked all day in rain gear carrying a load. They are must for me. I’ve looked at OR, Patagonia, and others. Rain gear doesn't have to be camo for me. Just dark green or brown. What are some good options and thoughts? Thanks in advance.

My sitka cloudburst has been good to me. Breathable, durable, and legitimately waterproof. I have found over the years that if isn’t goretex, it is not waterPROOF. I have not tried KUIU or FL, but every other brand of rain gear that ive tried (some top outdoor brands) that did not say “Goretex” was not truly waterproof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
Durable, pit zips, good and dry would be Orc Industries improved rain suit. Military issue and not gortex but a coated fabric. Maybe $45, check ebay. Not for hot/humid conditions.

HoneyDew

WKR
I’m looking to upgrade my rain gear. I am going to start with the jacket first. I was going to get First Lite but then I noticed their rain jacket didn’t have pit zips. I’ve hiked all day in rain gear carrying a load. They are must for me. I’ve looked at OR, Patagonia, and others. Rain gear doesn't have to be camo for me. Just dark green or brown. What are some good options and thoughts? Thanks in advance.
They do have pit zips…

bsnedeker

WKR
Check out forloh. I have their rain pants, very durable. When my current jacket gives out I'll be buying the matching jacket.

Made in America and on sale right now for 30% off!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LJ Buck

WKR
Best durable rain jacket with pit zips is the Kryptek Altitude Takur jacket. Made from what is known as the the best textiles in the world Scholler fabrics.
I also lived in the thing for 2weeks in the Yukon and it performed flawlessly.

cured_ham

WKR
MooseJaw.com has the OR Foray on sale now.

Does anyone have any ideas for how it fits compared to Sitka? 6-4 205. Large Fanatic Jacket and Core Lightweight

FOXDIE

FNG
I have the OR Foray and like the full length pit zips.

For a durable 3 layer option, you might consider the Beyond ARX 2.0 K6 rain jacket. I too am in the process of upgrading and this is the jacket I've decided on.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
The OR Furio is a great rain jacket. Being able to unzip the entire side is awesome.

The OR Foray has the same zipper design, but is not nearly as durable due to lighter face fabric.

Problem is finding the OR stuff in earth tones.

Vandy321

WKR
No contest - Arcteryx Beta SV...80D, goretex pro, pit zips.

Although Forloh is the only company mentioned that is Made in America.

mcseal2

WKR
My FL SEAK has pit zips. It's held up great for me on two AK hunts where I used it every day and a few wet days on other hunts.

One guy I hunt with has the same jacket and has no complaints on his either. We both got them on sale when FL discontinued ASAT.

We both use Kuiu Yukon pants, as did the third guy on our caribou hunt. They worked great as well. The third guy on the caribou hunt had the Yukon jacket as well and liked it.

I tried SEAK pants but they are a much slimmer fit, harder to layer under than the Yukons.

Since you specified durable I'd go with the SEAK or Yukon for a heavy jacket, probably try the Kutana jacket if I wanted a lighter weight one. I have Chugach pants and the material is more breathable and stretches more than the Yukon or Kutana pant. It's really comfortable, but probably not as tough. When I've used the Chugach though they have performed well for me.

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
Best durable rain jacket with pit zips is the Kryptek Altitude Takur jacket. Made from what is known as the the best textiles in the world Scholler fabrics.
I also lived in the thing for 2weeks in the Yukon and it performed flawlessly.

I agree Takur jacket is bombproof!

schmalzy

WKR
Arcteryx Beta AR has served me well. Robust but still feels pretty light. Layers well and cut right for hunting and day to day. Found one on here for a reasonable price and it stays in my truck or in my pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk