Durable rain pant suggestions?

atenjones

FNG
I need a new set of rain gear, and I don’t mind spending some real money, but I need something that will last. I need something that I can also wear when I’m working outside - and that involves quite a bit of time kneeling in my knees - so I’m worried about dropping $300 on a pair of pants that are going to get a hole worn through them. I’m a sports camera operator, so it’s not like I’m digging ditches or pouring concrete, but I need something that’s flexible enough to run in, and that won’t blow out if I’m on the ground. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
I got some tru spec h20 rain pants that are 3 layer and seem pretty heavy duty. Not super packable but served me well on my last hunt.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I would look into Milsurp ECWS level 6 goretex pants. They are more of an overpant than a stand along pant. However, they are quite durable for a goretex pant as well as very affordable if you look around online. I picked up mine from an army and navy store for $70.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check out either kuiu or stone glacier.....I picked up the new stone glacier rain pants this fall and they did very well both keeping me dry and for durability so far

After 2 straight days of hunting in rain and snow in thick laurel in Pa I will say for $70 I could not be more impressed with my ECWCS rain pants. They kept me dry, I did not worry about damaging them crawling through laurel, beech brush, and rocky sidehills. They may not breath the best but they are much more packable than rubber options and more durable than other economical "packable" rain gear. I would hate to put $3-500 rain pants through the vegetation and brush I hunt.

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
Helly Hansen gear is durable enough to be the gold standard for commercial fisherman. I love my Helly Hansen jacket and pants for times when I'm working outside and have to just sit and take a downpour.

The jackets are vented so the breathe pretty well, but oh boy those pants really seal in the flavor.